- General Info
- Licenses, Permits & Fees
- Fishing Regulations
- Marine Rules & Areas
Special Rules - Rivers & Lakes
- Puget Sound & Coastal Rivers Special Rules: A-C
- Puget Sound & Coastal Rivers Special Rules: D-K
- Puget Sound & Coastal Rivers Special Rules: L-R
- Puget Sound & Coastal Rivers Special Rules: S-Z
- Columbia Basin Rivers Special Rules: Columbia River
- Columbia Basin Rivers Special Rules: A-C
- Columbia Basin Rivers Special Rules: D-K
- Columbia Basin Rivers Special Rules: L-N
- Columbia Basin Rivers Special Rules: O-S
- Columbia Basin Rivers Special Rules: T-Z
- Westside Lakes Special Rules: A-E
- Westside Lakes Special Rules: F-P
- Westside Lakes Special Rules: Q-Z
- Eastside Lakes Special Rules: A-F
- Eastside Lakes Special Rules: G-P
- Eastside Lakes Special Rules: Q-Z
- PDF Downloads
How to Use These eRegulations
How to use this site
This information is effective July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022 and contains information you need to legally fish throughout Washington State (see WAC summary below).
- Read the General Information Pages. Read the Licensing and Catch Record Card information. Read the Selective Fishing and Fish Handling information. Also be sure to look at the “Update from WDFW”.
- Read the Statewide General Rules.
- Read the Freshwater, Marine Area, or Shellfish/Seaweed Section. Read Statewide General Rules pertaining to the section in which you intend to fish.
- Read the Special Rules for Area and Species You Intend to Fish. These rule modifications supersede the General Rules and are listed as they apply to specific areas or species. This information is a summary of WDFW regulations. Before fishing in a National Park or on an Indian reservation, contact the Park or Tribe to check their regulations (see Statewide General Rules for contact information).
- Check for Emergency Rules. Emergency rules may occur throughout the year and will supersede the rules contained in this pamphlet. Changes can be found by calling the WDFW Fishing Hotline (360) 902-2500 or Shellfish Rule Change Hotline (866) 880-5431, contacting statewide customer service (360) 902-2700 (8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Mon. - Fri.), or by visiting the WDFW website https://fortress.wa.gov/dfw/erules/efishrules/.
WAC Summary Information
This information is a summary of fishing regulations (Chapters 220-200, 220-220, 220-300, through 220-303, 220-305, 220-310, through 220-316, 220-320, and 220-330 of the Washington Administrative Code, adopted by the Washington Fish and Wildlife Commission; and Title 77 of the Revised Code of Washington, adopted by the Legislature). This information does not contain nor is it intended to contain all Department regulations.
This program receives Federal financial assistance from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. It is the policy of the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) to adhere to the following: Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The U.S. Department of the Interior and its bureaus prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability and sex (in educational programs). If you believe that you have been discriminated against in any program, activity, services, or facility, please contact the WDFW ADA Program Manager at P.O. Box 43139, Olympia, Washington 98504, or write to: Chief, Public Civil Rights Division, Department of the Interior, 1849 C Street NW, Washington DC 20240.
This publication is available in alternative formats upon request. Please contact (360) 902-2200 or TTY (800) 833-6388.