How to Use These eRegulations
This pamphlet is effective July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023 and contains information you need to legally fish throughout Washington State (see WAC summary information to the left.).
- Read the General Information Pages. Read the Licensing and Catch Record Card information. Read the Selective Fishing and Fish Handling information. Also be sure to look at the “Update from WDFW”.
- Read the Statewide General Rules.
- Read the Freshwater, Marine Area, or Shellfish/Seaweed Section. Read Statewide General Rules pertaining to the section in which you intend to fish.
- Read the Special Rules for Area and Species You Intend to Fish. These rule modifications supersede the General Rules and are listed as they apply to specific areas or species. This pamphlet is a summary of WDFW regulations. Before fishing in a National Park or on an Indian reservation, contact the Park or Tribe to check their regulations (Statewide General Rules for contact information).
- Check for Emergency Rules. Emergency rules may occur throughout the year and will supersede the rules contained in this pamphlet. Changes can be found by calling the WDFW Fishing Hotline (360) 902-2500 or Shellfish Rule Change Hotline (866) 880-5431, contacting statewide customer service (360) 902-2700 (8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Mon. - Fri.), or by visiting the WDFW website https://fortress.wa.gov/dfw/erules/efishrules/.