- General Info
- Licenses, Permits & Fees
- Hunting Regulations
- Seasons & Limits
- Deer Hunting Areas
- Management Areas
- PDF Downloads
Department of Wildlife & Fisheries
Louisiana Department of Wildlife & FisheriesP.O. Box 98000 2000 Quail Drive Baton Rouge, LA 70898 225-765-2800
Division AdministratorsKenny Ribbeck, Wildlife Jason Froeba, Fisheries Col. Chad Hebert, Enforcement
Wildlife and Fisheries CommissionJerri G. Smitko, chairman William J. “Joe” McPherson, vice chairman Andrew Blanchard William D. “Bill’’ Hogan Dusty J. Guidry Harlie E. “Gene” Reynolds Alfred R. “Al” Sunseri
A Hunter's Pledge
Responsible hunting provides unique challenges and rewards. However, the future of the sport depends on each hunter's behavior and ethics. Therefore, as a hunter, I pledge to:
- Respect the environment and wildlife.
- Respect property and landowners.
- Show consideration for non-hunters.
- Hunt safely.
- Know and obey the law.
- Support wildlife and habitat conservation.
- Pass on an ethical hunting tradition.
- Strive to improve my outdoor skills and understanding of wildlife.
- Hunt only with ethical hunters.
By following these principles of conduct each time I go afield, I will give my best to the sport, the public, the environment and myself. The responsibility to hunt ethically is mine; the future of hunting depends on me.
Help Stop Poaching
Report Game Violations
Operation Game Thief
24 hours a day - 7 days a week