Welcome to 2022-23 Louisiana Hunting
What's New for 2022
- Licensing changes (Licenses & Fees):
- Change to license fees; see fee tables for details.
- Change to license validity period from June 1-30 to 365 days from the date of purchase.
- Changing the big game license to individual licenses for deer and turkey.
- Change to senior hunt/fish licenses.
- Change to the lifetime licenses; see fee table for details.
- New requirement that all LDWF owned and administered land will require a WMA access permit for all activities (Wildlife Management Areas).
- New requirement that all persons camping on a LDWF-operated WMA campground must have a WMA camping permit (Wildlife Management Areas).
- Addition of hunting guide license.
- Addition of youth license.
- Change to permit requirements for use of department administered lands including wildlife refuges and wildlife management and habitat conservation areas.
- New option for those purchasing a license to donate and help provide disabled veterans with hunting and fishing licenses.
- Addition of electronic tagging for deer and turkey (Deer Hunting).
- Opening all of Caddo Parish to turkey hunting in Turkey Area B (Turkey Regulations).
- Establishment of a Limited Use Area on Bodcau WMA (Individual WMA Schedules A-K).
- Addition of youth lottery turkey hunting days on Clear Creek and West Bay WMAs (Individual WMA Schedules A-K).
- Elimination of modern firearm either-sex deer days on Joyce, Maurepas Swamp and Salvador/Timken WMAs (Individual WMA Schedules L-Z).
- Change in Archery season dates on Tunica Hills WMA (Individual WMA Schedules L-Z).