Skip to main content
Welcome to 2023-24 Louisiana Hunting
What's New for 2023
- Clarification of use of deer and turkey tags.
- Moving Franklin, Madison and Tensas parishes from Turkey Area A to Turkey Area C.
- Mottled duck bag limit change.
- WMA and LDWF-leased dove fields shooting hours will be same as outside.
- Camp Beauregard WMA has been renamed Esler Field WMA.
- Fort Polk - Vernon WMA has been renamed Fort Johnson - Vernon WMA.
- Peason Ridge WMA has been renamed Fort Johnson North WMA.
- Creating a Youth Lottery on Alexander State Forest WMA.
- Creating Small Game Emphasis Area on Bodcau WMA.
- Night time closure of certain activities on Bussey Brake WMA.
- Addition of either-sex deer days on Joyce, Maurepas Swamp and Salvador/Timken WMAs.
- Converting Primitive firearms either-sex days to modern firearm either-sex days on Little River WMA.
- Changing the two-day youth turkey lottery to a two-day youth open turkey season on Pearl River WMA.
- Closure of turkey season on Richard K Yancey WMA.
- Establishing a 2-day youth turkey lottery on Sandy Hollow WMA.
- Closure of turkey season on Sherburne WMA.
- Reduction of days of deer hunting opportunity on Sherburne WMA.
- Removal of general turkey lottery and proposing a 9-day open season on Tunica Hills WMA.
- Establishing a PCHP wheelchair blind hunting area on West Bay WMA.
- Eliminating experimental hunting area on Fort Johnson - Vernon WMA.
- Allowing Little River Basin (former known as Catahoula Lake) to be hunted during managed hunts on Dewey Wills WMA.
- Prohibition of altered exhaust systems on vessels on WMAs.