RIDEM Division of Fish and Wildlife’s Latest Publication:
Dragonflies and Damselflies of Rhode Island
By: Virginia Brown, Illustrated by Nina Briggs
Dragonflies and Damselflies of Rhode Island, a compilation of three decades of inventorying and monitoring dragonflies and damselflies inhabiting the state. This is the first time these species have been comprehensively compiled and identified in a publication specific to Rhode Island.
Price: $20.00 purchase by mail (check or money order only).
Order form available by emailing DEM.DFW@dem.ri.gov or from:
Inland Fishes of Rhode Island
RIDEM Division of Fish and Wildlife published Rhode Island’s first freshwater fish guide, ‘Inland Fishes of Rhode Island’ written by Alan D. Libby and illustrated by Robert Jon Golder. This publication identifies more than 70 fishes found in over 377 pond and stream locations throughout Rhode Island! With gorgeous color images as well as black and white scientific illustrations, each fish is addressed with a detailed description and color location map. Originally $26.75, this publication has been reduced to $18.75! This is the perfect gift for any angler!
Where to Purchase:
- DEM Division of Boating and Licensing located at 235 Promenade Street, Providence. Cash, check or credit (with $1.50 convenience fee).
- Great Swamp Fish and Wildlife Headquarters located at 277 Great Neck Road, West Kingston, office hours 8:30am–4pm, check or money order only.
- On-line, mail-in order form: Print, complete and send along with check or money order only http://www.dem.ri.gov/programs/bnatres/fishwild/pdf/fishorder.pdf.
- Also available at select bookstores throughout Rhode Island.
About the author: Alan D. Libby is a Principal Freshwater Biologist and has worked for the Division of Fish and Wildlife for over 30 years documenting the status and distribution of the fish species found in Rhode Island’s streams and ponds.
Ways to stay informed:
- Sign up for our ‘Wild Rhode Island’ Newsletter to keep up-to-date with RI DEM Division of Fish and Wildlife. The full-color quarterly newsletter is available online or delivered to your home mailbox. For more information or to be added to our mailing list, please contact Sarah Riley at 401-789-0281 or email@example.com.
- Kids can sign up for the ‘Wild Rhode Island Explorer’, a quarterly magazine just for kids, available on-line or in full-color print. This publication features interviews with biologists, information about native species, and so much more! For more information or to sign up, contact Mary Gannon at 401-782-3700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monthly Fish and Wildlife Outreach email: Receive free, up-to-date information about fishing, hunting, and wildlife outreach events as well as Division volunteer opportunities. To sign up, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on Facebook: Rhode Island Fish and Wildlife Outdoor Education @RIfishwildlife or www.facebook.com/RIFishwildlife. Get event updates, up-to-date stocking information, learn about RI species, and more.
- Follow us on Instagram @ri.fishandwildlife.