- General Info
- Licenses, Permits & Fees
- Fishing Regulations
- Management Areas
- PDF Downloads
Turtle & Bullfrog Regulations
Turtles may be taken in all waters with a resident or nonresident fishing license with the provisions listed below. Turtles taken with a firearm require a hunting license. Turtles may be taken year-round provided that:
- no more than six turtles of each species per day are taken;
- shooting of turtles on federal reservoirs is prohibited;
- terrestrial (land) turtles may not be sold;
- taking of the western chicken turtle, northern map turtle and/or alligator snapping turtle is prohibited;
- the Wichita Mountains WR is closed to turtle harvest;
- no aquatic turtles may be sold or purchased without the proper commercial turtle harvester or buyer’s license.
Note: The above regulations apply to the non-commercial harvest of turtles. Separate regulations govern the commercial harvest of turtles.
Bullfrogs may be taken with hook and line, gig, spear, bow and arrow or other methods, except firearms, under a resident or nonresident fishing license. Bullfrogs taken with a firearm require a hunting license. Bullfrogs may be taken year-round provided that:
- no more than 15 bullfrogs per day are taken;
- bullfrogs may not be sold or shipped out of state;
- the Wichita Mountains WR is closed to bullfrog harvest.