"Close to Home" Fishing
Looking for a nearby lake or pond to fish?
There are 46 ponds and small lakes open to the public statewide which offer quality fishing opportunities to anglers of all skill levels. Agreements with multiple municipalities around Oklahoma make all of this possible. Each pond is intensely managed and receives extra attention when it comes to fish stocking, harvest, special events, angler access and water quality.
Close to Home Fishing waters have the following restrictions:
- Fishing is limited to no more than three rods and reels per person.
- No more than three hooks per line are allowed (treble hooks are considered one hook).
- No other fishing methods are allowed.
- “Close To Home” waters have an aggregate (any combination) limit of three (3) panfish (including bluegill, redear, green sunfish, hybrid sunfish), rainbow trout, and channel catfish per person, per day.
- No netting of any kind (including cast netting).
- For all other species, see Statewide Daily & Size Limits.
Close To Home Fishing Locations
Oklahoma City – (405) 297-1426:
- Crystal Lake (6625 SW 15th).
- Dolese Youth Park (5105 NW 50th)
- Edwards Park (1515 N Bryant Ave.)
- Kids Lake (3200 W Wilshire Blvd.)
- Kitchen Lake (5894 SE 119th)
- Route 66 Park (9901 NW 23rd)
- South Lakes Regional Park (4302 SW 119th)
- Zoo Lake (2101 NE 50th) —
east shoreline only
Bartlesville - (918) 338-4237:
- Lee Lake (2200 SE Adams Blvd.)
Blanchard - (405) 248-6521
- Crystal Lake Park (1647 S. Tyler Ave)
Choctaw – (405) 390-8198:
- Choctaw Creek Park (2001 N Harper)
- Ten Acre Park (15600 NE 10th St.)
Del City – (405) 670-7314:
- Eagle Lake (3405 E Reno)
Edmond – (405) 359-4630:
- Mitch Park (2901 Marylin Williams Dr.)
- Bickham-Rudkin Park (450 E 33rd St.)
El Reno – (405) 262-4070:
- Legion Park (620 S Reno Ave.)
- Southern Hills North (2710 Faith Ave.)
- Southern Hills South (2810 Faith Ave.)
Enid – (580) 616-7313:
- Meadowlake Park (Corner of S Van Buren St. and W Rupe Ave.)
- Government Springs North Park
(300 S 5th St.)
- Crosslin Park (1600 block W Purdue Ave.)
- City of Enid Water Works (1400 block W Chestnut Ave.)
Guthrie – (405) 282-8400:
- Mineral Wells Park (901 S Division)
- Hudson Pond Highland Park (1102 E Warner Ave.)
Harrah – (405) 454-2951:
- Heritage Park (1374 N Church Ave.)
Jenks – (918) 299-5883:
- Veterans Park Pond (E 101 and Elm)
Jones – (405) 399-5301:
- Beaty-Mulhausen Park (320 E. Main St.)
Lawton – (580) 581-3400:
- Elmer Thomas Park - Lake Helen (Interstate 44 and NW Cache Rd.)
- Liberty Lake (1717 NW Kinyon)
- Skyline Pond (NE 27 and Dearborn Ave.)
Medicine Park – (580) 529-2825:
- Medicine Creek (From Gondola Dam to State Highway 49 bridge)
Moore – (405) 793-5090:
- Little River Park (700 SW 4th)
- Buck Thomas Park Pond (1903 NE 12th St.)
Mustang – (405) 376-3411:
- Wild Horse Park Pond (530 SW 59th street)
Newcastle - (405) 387-4427
- Veterans Park Pond (1300 Garrett Drive)
Norman – (405) 366-5472:
- George M. Sutton Urban Wilderness Area (1920 12th Ave. NE)
- Northeast Lions Park
(1800 Northcliff Ave.)
- Griffin Community Park (1001 E Robinson)
Sapulpa - (918) 227-5151
- Kelly Lane Park (1151 S Park St.)
Tulsa - (918) 596-7275
- Turkey Mountain Urban Wilderness Area ponds (6850 S Elwood Ave, Tulsa, OK 74132)
- Hunter Park Pond - 5804 E 91st St.
- Braden Park Pond - 5036 E 7th St.
- Mohawk Park Ponds (2) - 5701 E 36th St. (after entering the park from 36th St North, turn right on Cherokee Drive, just past the entrance gates) (36.212610, -95.893548)
Yukon – (405)-350-8937:
- Mulvey Pond (2200 S Holly St.)
- Welch Park (615 Annawood Rd.)
- Dale Robertson Activity Center
(1200 Lakeshore Dr.)
Fish Commonly Caught in "Close to Home" Waters
Close to Home Fishing waters are regularly stocked with channel catfish and hybrid sunfish. Three locations are also stocked with trout November- March.