Skip to main content



Licenses & Fees

Fishing licenses are required – for resident and nonresident anglers 14 years or older. Exceptions are waters where fishing preserve permits, special limited fishing permits, or landowner fishing regulations apply.



Resident 12 Month Fishing License1,2


Resident Daily Fishing License


Resident Youth 12 Month Fishing License (between 14th & 18th birthday)1,2


Resident Lifetime Fishing License (requires 10 years continuous residency)2,3,4


Resident Lifetime Fishing License & Conservation Stamp (requires 10 years continuous residency)3,4


Resident Lifetime Fishing License & Conservation Stamp for the permanently and totally disabled3,4


Resident Lifetime Pioneer Fishing License (65 years of age and 30 total years of residency)3,4


Nonresident 12 Month Fishing License1,2


Nonresident Daily Fishing License


Nonresident Five Consecutive Day Fishing License


Nonresident Youth 12 Month Fishing License (before 18th birthday)1,2


12 Month Conservation Stamp1


Lifetime Conservation Stamp3


Flaming Gorge Reservoir Reciprocal Stamp (must possess a valid Utah resident fishing license)


License to Seine or Trap Fish


License to Deal in Live Bait



A United States citizen or legal alien who is domiciled in Wyoming for at least one (1) full year immediately preceding making application for a license, shall not have claimed residency in any other state, territory, or country for any purpose during that one (1) year period, and meets the specified in Wyoming Statutes §23-1-102 and §23-1-107. A detailed explanation of residency requirements can be found online at

Resident Youth

Under 14 do not need a license and their creel limit is the same as those requiring licenses.

Nonresident Youth

Under 14 do not need a license if accompanied by an adult possessing a valid Wyoming fishing license; however, the nonresident youth’s creel limit shall be applied to and limited by the fishing license held by the adult person in his/her company. Nonresident youth under 14 that possess a valid daily or nonresident youth annual fishing license may capture and possess a full creel limit.

Conservation Stamp Required

Each person licensed to hunt or fish in Wyoming shall purchase a single conservation stamp which shall be valid for twelve (12) consecutive months. Proof of purchase of a valid stamp shall be in the possession of the sportsman at all times while hunting or fishing.

Persons holding the following licenses are exempt from the requirement to purchase a conservation stamp while exercising hunting or fishing privileges under these licenses:

  • Daily hunting or fishing license;
  • Nonresident five consecutive day fishing license;
  • Special limited fishing permit holders;
  • Wyoming fifty percent (50%) disabled veteran fishing license; or,
  • Resident permanently and totally disabled lifetime fishing license.

Persons holding the following licenses are exempt from the requirement to purchase a conservation stamp while exercising hunting or fishing privileges under ANY Wyoming license. The person shall at all times be in possession of the license allowing the conservation stamp exemption while in the field:

  • Any Wyoming pioneer hunting or fishing license;
  • Honorably discharged Wyoming resident veteran who is one hundred percent (100%) disabled game bird, small game and fishing license;
  • Military combat general elk or general deer license;
  • Military combat game bird or small game license;
  • Licenses reissued to a veteran with disabilities or a person with a permanent disability who uses a wheelchair; or,
  • Resident United States Military Purple Heart Medal recipients.

Conservation stamps may be purchased from the Cheyenne headquarters, Department regional offices, license selling agents throughout the state, and the Department website. A lifetime conservation stamp may be purchased by applying to the Cheyenne headquarters or through any Department regional office.