Choose your state

Alabama Alabama Hunting & Fishing Alabama Hunting & Fishing

Arizona Arizona Hunting

Arkansas Arkansas Hunting

California California Big Game Hunting California Freshwater Fishing California Saltwater Fishing

Colorado Colorado Hunting

Connecticut Connecticut Fishing Connecticut Hunting

Delaware Delaware Hunting Delaware Fishing

Florida Florida Saltwater Fishing Florida Freshwater Fishing Florida Hunting

Georgia Georgia Hunting Georgia Commercial Drivers Georgia Drivers Manual Georgia Motorcycle Manual 40-Hour Parent/Teen Driving Guide Georgia Fishing Georgia Alcohol & Drug Awareness Program

Hawaii Hawaii Hunting

Idaho Idaho Hunting

Illinois Illinois Hunting

Indiana Indiana Hunting Indiana Fishing

Iowa Iowa Hunting

Kansas Kansas Hunting

Kentucky Kentucky Hunting

Louisiana Louisiana Hunting

Maine Maine Hunting Maine Fishing Maine ATV & Snowmobile

Maryland Maryland Fishing Maryland Hunting

Massachusetts Massachusetts Saltwater Fishing Massachusetts Hunting & Fishing

Michigan Michigan Fishing

Minnesota Minnesota Hunting

Mississippi Mississippi Hunting & Fishing

Missouri Missouri Hunting

Montana Montana Hunting

Nebraska Nebraska Hunting

Nevada Nevada Fishing Nevada Hunting Nevada Big Game Hunting

New Hampshire New Hampshire Freshwater Fishing New Hampshire Saltwater Fishing New Hampshire Hunting New Hampshire ATV & Snowmobile

New Jersey New Jersey Saltwater Fishing New Jersey Freshwater Fishing New Jersey Saltwater Fishing New Jersey Hunting

New Mexico New Mexico Hunting New Mexico Hunting Rules & Info – 2016-2017

New York New York Hunting New York Hunting New York Fishing

North Carolina North Carolina Hunting

North Dakota North Dakota Hunting

Ohio Ohio Hunting Ohio Fishing

Oklahoma Oklahoma Fishing Oklahoma Hunting

Oregon Oregon Game Bird Hunting Oregon Fishing Oregon Big Game Hunting

Pennsylvania Pennsylvania Hunting

Rhode Island Rhode Island Saltwater Fishing Regulations Guide Rhode Island Freshwater Fishing Rhode Island Hunting

South Carolina South Carolina Hunting & Fishing

South Dakota South Dakota Hunting

Tennessee Tennessee Hunting

Texas Texas Hunting

Utah Utah Hunting

Vermont Vermont Hunting Vermont Fishing

Virginia Virginia Migratory Game Bird Hunting Virginia Hunting Virginia Fishing

Washington Washington Hunting

West Virginia West Virginia Hunting

Wisconsin Wisconsin Hunting

Wyoming Wyoming Hunting


License Requirements & Exemptions

Fishing Regulations Oklahoma Freshwater Fishing

License Requirements

An Oklahoma resident or nonresident fishing license is required of all persons who take, attempt to take or possess fish or other aquatic dwelling organisms by any method in Oklahoma. Persons fishing the Red River must have a valid Oklahoma fishing license unless exempt.

In addition, persons fishing on waters located within the Honobia Creek or Three Rivers Wildlife Management Areas must have a valid Land Access Permit, unless exempt.

Persons residing in another state who own land in Oklahoma but do not live on that land, and are fishing on that land, must purchase a nonresident fishing license.

All required licenses or written evidence of exemption and identification must be carried while fishing.

Fishing Guide License

Fishing guides must possess an Oklahoma fishing guide license. This license costs $90 unless the guide provides Coast Guard Mariner credentials, in which case the license costs $20. For a list of licensed guides, visit

License Exemptions

The following persons are exempt from the res­i­dent or non­res­i­dent fishing license:

  • Residents under 16 years old.
  • Nonresidents under 14 years old.
  • Nonresidents under 16 years old who reside in Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Texas or Wisconsin.
  • Resident owners or tenants, their spouses, par­ents, grandparents, children and their spouses, grand­chil­dren and their spouses who fish in pri­vate ponds on land owned or leased by such own­er or tenant.
  • Nonresidents 65 and older who are residents of Texas. (Valid ID required.)
  • Resident disabled veterans with 60 percent or more disability. Call State Department of Veterans Affairs, (888) 655-2838 to acquire proof of exemption.
  • Any person who fishes with pole and line, trotline or throw line in streams, natural ponds and mine pits in or forming the bound­ary of the county in which he is a bona fide resident, when using any bait oth­er than com­mer­cial or artificial bait, blood, stink bait, cut fish, and shrimp.
  • Any person legally blind or physically im­paired who is unable to properly use fishing ap­pa­ra­tus and one ac­com­pa­ny­ing companion while the blind or phys­i­cal­ly impaired per­son is fish­ing.
  • Persons under 18 who are in legal and phys­i­cal cus­to­dy of the State of Oklahoma or its agencies by court order.
  • Persons under 18 who are in the custody of a child care facility as defined by Title 10 O.S., Section 402.
  • Persons fishing during Oklahoma’s Free Fishing Days.
  • Any patient of a state institution in Okla­ho­ma es­tab­lished for the care and treatment of mental ill­ness or alcohol or drug de­pen­den­cy or any person de­vel­op­men­tal­ly disabled residing in any group home or oth­er in­sti­tu­tion or persons developmentally disabled when accompanied by an at­ten­dant of such in­sti­tu­tion or le­gal guardian or when fishing on in­sti­tu­tion­al prop­er­ty.
  • Residents having a proven disability render­ing them nonambulatory and confined to wheel­chairs as cer­ti­fied by a duly qualified physician.
  • Job Corps trainees of this state, having a proper iden­ti­fi­ca­tion card.
  • Any person participating in an aquatic education event or clinic sanctioned by the Wildlife Department.
  • The following persons are exempt from the purchase of the Land Access Permit (Honobia Creek and Three Rivers WMAs): Any Oklahoma resident who on the first day of the current calendar year was younger than 18, or anyone 64 or older. All nonresidents are required to purchase an $85 annual Land Access Permit (no exemptions).