These areas in the Inland District provide fishing access with primary use intended for persons with disabilities. Check the Coastal Boat Launches and Shoreline Fishing in Coastal State Park for areas in the Marine District.
- Angus Park Pond, Glastonbury: Off Manchester Road (Route 83) turn east on Fisher Road: Located on upper dike in Town Park.
- Beachdale Pond, Voluntown: Route 149 next to boat access area.
- Beaver Brook Ponds, Windham: Off Back Road at dam/access area.
- Bigelow Pond, Union: At boat launch in Bigelow Hollow SP.
- Billings Lake, North Stonington: At dam adjacent to boat access area.
- Black Pond, Meriden-Middlefield: Adjacent to boat ramp.
- Bladens Brook, Seymour: Access only by permission of Seymour Land Conservation Trust.
- Center Spring Park Pond, Manchester: In Center Spring Park.
- Connecticut River-Haddam Meadows State Park, Haddam: Dock at the boat launch in Haddam Meadows State Park.
- Connecticut River-Salmon River Cove, East Haddam: Dock at state boat launch.
- Coventry Lake (Wangumbaug Lake), Coventry: At state boat launch.
- Day Pond, Colchester: Off Route 149 at dam in Day Pond SP.
- Eagleville Lake, Coventry-Mansfield: On dam off Route 275.
- Eight Mile River, East Haddam: Devil’s Hopyard SP.
- Farmington River—West Branch, Barkhamsted: Off dirt road south of Route 318.
- Farmington River, Unionville: On Farmington Land Trust (www.farmingtonlandtrust.org) property upstream from Route 177 (between River Road and Railroad Avenue, southerly side of river).
- Gardner Lake, Salem-Montville-Bozrah: On dam at Lake Road.
- Higganum Reservoir, Haddam: Off Route 81 on northeast shore.
- Highland Lake, Winchester: At state boat launch.
- Holbrook Pond, Hebron: On dam adjacent to access area.
- Hopeville Pond, Griswold: At end of State Park campground.
- Lake Saltonstall, Branford: At SCCRWA access area off Hosley Avenue.
- Mansfield Training Center Pond, Mansfield: Located just east of the junction of Routes 44 & 32.
- Mashapaug Lake, Union: Off the dock at boat launch in Bigelow Hollow SP.
- Mianus River, Stamford: Merriebrook Lane, ADA accessible trail and fishing platform.
- Mill River, Hamden: At Clark’s Pond Dam.
- Pattaconk Lake (Russell Jennings Pond), Chester: Located between dam and beach in Pattaconk Recreation Area.
- Salmon Brook (East Branch), Granby: East side of river just above Route 20.
- Salmon River Fly Area, Colchester: 0.9 miles north of Route 16 on River Road.
- Salmon River, East Hampton: South end of picnic area off Gulf Road just south of Route 16.
- Saugatuck Reservoir, Easton-Redding-Weston: Parking area near dam.
- Scoville Reservoir, Wolcott: At town boat launch.
- Southford Falls Pond, Oxford-Southbury: In Southford Falls SP.
- Squantz Pond, New Fairfield: Near Squantz Pond SP boat launch:
- Stratton Brook Park Pond, Simsbury: In Stratton Brook SP.
- Walkers Reservoir (East), Vernon: Turn south near Route 31 and I-84 junction on Reservoir Road.
Note that many trout parks and other areas identified in the guide as “family friendly” may be suitable for some individuals with mobility challenges that don’t need or want a formal structure such as those found at the sites listed above.