Skip to main content

Game Bird Hunting

Game Bird Hunting

State Recreation Lands

Parking at state recreation lands

Anglers, hunters, and others who park on Washington state recreation lands must use either the WDFW Vehicle Access Pass or the Washington State Discover Pass.

WDFW Vehicle Access Pass (VAP)

Most annual hunting, fishing, and trapping licenses include a complimentary Vehicle Access Pass, which allows you to park at WDFW wildlife areas and water access areas. This pass is good only at WDFW managed lands.

Washington State Discover Pass

To park at recreational properties owned or managed by Washington State Parks or the Washington Department of Natural Resources, you will need a state Discover Pass. The Discover Pass is also good at WDFW managed lands.

Proceeds from Discover Pass sales support the operation and maintenance of state-managed recreation lands throughout Washington. More information is online at

Where to purchase

Fishing and hunting licenses, which include the Vehicle Access Pass, and the Discover Pass are available online at; by phone at 360-902-2464; or at retail license vendors throughout the state. A complete vendor list is online at The Discover Pass may also be purchased online at; by phone at 866-320-9933; and at state parks and parks system offices. Information about sales locations is online at

You must display your parking pass

Whenever you park at state recreation lands, you must display the Vehicle Access Pass or the Discover Pass so that it is visible from outside the vehicle. Both passes may be transferred between two vehicles, but a single pass may be used for only one vehicle at a time.

Washington Vehicle Access Pass holder.