- Official Hunting Hours
- Youth, Veterans & Active Military Personnel Hunt Information
- Regulated Access Programs
- Hunter Education
- Migratory Bird Stamp & Artwork
- Message From the Assistant Director
- Aquatic Invasive Species
- Persons with Disabilities Programs
- Shot Size Diagram
- Waterfowlers WSU Extension Island County
- Contact Information
- State Recreation Lands
- Avian Influenza Facts
- Bird Dog Training Season
- First Turkey Program & Washington Slam
- Where to Get Maps
- Licenses, Permits & Fees
- Summary of State Regulations
- Summary of Federal Regulations
- Game Bird Baiting Regulations
- Hunting Area Information
- Western Washington Goose Management Areas
- Eastern Washington Goose Management Areas
- Goose Management Area 2 - Coast & Inland
- Special Area Restrictions
- Special Migratory Bird Closures
- Game Reserves - Closed to All Hunting
- Nontoxic Shot Requirements
- Wild Turkey Special Permit Hunts
- Seasons & Limits
- PDF Downloads
State Recreation Lands
Parking at state recreation lands
Anglers, hunters, and others who park on Washington state recreation lands must use either the WDFW Vehicle Access Pass or the Washington State Discover Pass.
WDFW Vehicle Access Pass (VAP)
Most annual hunting, fishing, and trapping licenses include a complimentary Vehicle Access Pass, which allows you to park at WDFW wildlife areas and water access areas. This pass is good only at WDFW managed lands.
Washington State Discover Pass
To park at recreational properties owned or managed by Washington State Parks or the Washington Department of Natural Resources, you will need a state Discover Pass. The Discover Pass is also good at WDFW managed lands.
Proceeds from Discover Pass sales support the operation and maintenance of state-managed recreation lands throughout Washington. More information is online at https://store.discoverpass.wa.gov/.
Where to purchase
Fishing and hunting licenses, which include the Vehicle Access Pass, and the Discover Pass are available online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/#/login; by phone at 360-902-2464; or at retail license vendors throughout the state. A complete vendor list is online at https://wdfw.wa.gov/licenses/dealers. The Discover Pass may also be purchased online at http://discoverpass.wa.gov/; by phone at 866-320-9933; and at state parks and parks system offices. Information about sales locations is online at https://discoverpass.wa.gov/133/Where-to-Buy.
You must display your parking pass
Whenever you park at state recreation lands, you must display the Vehicle Access Pass or the Discover Pass so that it is visible from outside the vehicle. Both passes may be transferred between two vehicles, but a single pass may be used for only one vehicle at a time.