Special Area Restrictions
WAC 220-413-180 SPECIAL CLOSURES AND FIREARM RESTRICTION AREAS.
It is unlawful to hunt wildlife with centerfire or rimfire rifles in the firearm restriction areas listed in WAC 220-413-180.
WAC 220-416-080 Regulated Access Area Restrictions for Waterfowl, Coot, and Snipe Hunting.
It is unlawful to hunt migratory waterfowl, coot, and snipe within the following regulated access areas managed by the department, except under when following specified restrictions.
- Dungeness (North Olympic Wildlife Area - Dungeness Unit)
- Elk River (Johns River Wildlife Area - Elk River Unit, south of State Route 105)
- Frenchman (Columbia Basin Wildlife Area - Desert Unit, southwest of Moses Lake at T17, R27E Sections 8 and 9)
- Lynch Cove and Union River (Mason County)
- Mesa Lake (Sunnyside-Snake River Wildlife Area - Mesa Lake Unit)
- North Potholes (Columbia Basin Wildlife Area - Potholes Unit, west of Moses Lake at T19, R27, S33 and S34)
- Samish River (Skagit Wildlife Area - Samish River Unit)
- South Padilla Bay (Skagit Wildlife Area - South Padilla Bay Unit)
- Winchester (Columbia Basin Wildlife Area - Desert Unit, west of Moses Lake at T18N, R25E Section 13, and T18N, R26E Section 18)
- Windmill Ranch (Sunnyside-Snake River Wildlife Area - Windmill Ranch Unit)
For additional information, please see Regulated Access Programs, contact your local WDFW office or check out the Department’s hunting access website: https://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/locations.
WAC 220-416-090 Northern Puget Sound Hunting Method Restriction.
It is unlawful to hunt waterfowl, coot, or snipe from a moving boat or any free-floating device that is not in a fixed position which is either anchored or secured to shore in Port Susan Bay, Skagit Bay, Padilla Bay, and Samish Bay.
WAC 220-414-050 Shotgun Shell Restriction Areas.
- It is unlawful to have in possession more than 15 shotgun shells or to fire (shoot) more than 15 shells in one day on the following areas:
- Section a. The Island Unit of the Skagit Wildlife Area in Skagit County.
- Section b. The Spencer Island Unit of the Snoqualmie Wildlife Area in Snohomish County.
- Section c. The Samish Unit of the Skagit Wildlife Area in Skagit County.
- Section d. The Johnson/DeBay's Slough Hunt Unit of the Skagit Wildlife Area in Skagit County.
- Section e. All lands managed by the Department north of East Anderson Rd and west of the Dungeness River in Clallam County.
- It is unlawful to have in possession more than 25 shotgun shells or to fire (shoot) more than 25 shells in one day on the Nisqually Unit of the South Puget Sound Wildlife Area in Thurston County.
Mount St. Helens:
Game Management Unit 522 (Loo-wit) is designated as a “CLOSED AREA” to the hunting of all wild animals and wild birds except by special permit. In addition, U.S. Forest Service maintains a firearm restriction on portions of the Mt. St. Helens National Monument.