- General Info
- Licenses, Permits & Fees
- Summary of State Regulations
- Summary of Federal Regulations
- Game Bird Baiting Regulations
- Hunting Area Information
- Western Washington Goose Management Areas
- Eastern Washington Goose Management Areas
- Goose Management Area 2 - Coast & Inland
- Special Area Restrictions
- Special Migratory Bird Closures
- Game Reserves - Closed to All Hunting
- Nontoxic Shot Requirements
- Wild Turkey Special Permit Hunts
- Seasons & Limits
- PDF Downloads
Goose Management Area 2 - Coast & Inland
October - March Season Information
- Must possess a valid Migratory Bird Authorization and SW Canada Goose Harvest Record Card for Goose Management Area 2 — Coast & Inland.
- Special Shooting Hours Apply: Legal goose hunting hours are 30 minutes after the start of official waterfowl hunting hours, to 30 minutes before the end of official waterfowl hours; Listed on the inside back cover of this pamphlet.
- Special Season Dates: The first two week period is open to goose hunting everyday of the week (Oct. 16 - 31). See Western Washington Goose Management Areas for Goose Management Area 2 date details.
- Special Goose Season Closures: National Wildlife Refuges and WDFW Wildlife Areas are closed during February-March season dates, except for the Youth, Veterans & Active Military special hunt date.
- All authorized goose hunters can participate in February-March season dates, but National Wildlife Refuges and WDFW Wildlife Areas are closed during this time.
Requirements to hunt geese in GMA2
- Step 1: Review Goose Identification testing materials at: https://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/requirements/goose-identification-testing
- Step 2: Take and complete identification test online at https://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/requirements/goose-identification-testing
- Step 3: Once you pass the test with a minimum score of 80%, purchase your Migratory Bird Authorization and SW Canada Goose Mandatory Harvest record card, online or at an authorized dealer.
- Step 4: Review and familiarize yourself with new boundaries and season dates within GMA2 - Coast & Inland (see Western Washington Goose Management Areas).
- Step 5: While hunting, carry the Mandatory Harvest record card and record harvest as instructed, for all geese taken throughout the hunting season.
- Step 6: Mandatory Harvest Report requirement in Goose Management Area 2 — Coast & Inland due March 20th.
Dusky Canada goose is closed to harvest in all of Goose Management Area 2 during October - March. If a hunter takes a dusky Canada goose, or does not comply with field check requirements, the authorization will be invalidated and the hunter will not be able to hunt geese in all of Goose Management Area 2 for the rest of the season. It is unlawful to fail to comply with all provisions listed for Goose Management Area 2.