How to Tag & Report Your Turkey
State Operated Check Stations
The state operated check stations provide biologists with information on hunter success and gives them a chance to inspect and sample harvested game.
Deer Check Stations
- All deer taken during the first two days (Saturday & Sunday, Nov. 6 & 7) of the Muzzleloader Deer Season, and the first two days (Saturday & Sunday, Dec. 4 & 5) of Shotgun Deer Season, including deer taken with archery equipment, must be physically checked at a state operated biological check station, except those deer taken on Patience, Prudence, and Block Island, which must be reported using the online licensing system.
- Operating Hours: 8:00 A.M. until 6:00 P.M. daily.
- Arcadia Management Area: Rt. 165, Ten Rod Road, at Wood River, Exeter, Phone: 401-539-7117.
- Carolina Management Area: Pine Hill Road, Richmond, Phone: 401-364-3483.
- Durfee Hill Management Area: Reynolds Road (Rte 94), Glocester, Phone: 401-568-6753
- Great Swamp Management Area: 277 Great Neck Road, West Kingston, Phone: 401-789-1636
- Tiverton Rod and Gun Club: 1529 Fish Rd, Tiverton, Phone: 401-624-3959
How to Tag and Report Your Wild Turkey
DEM launched the online hunting and fishing licensing system in 2018. In addition to using this system to purchase licenses, permits and tags electronically, you will also use this system to report your harvests. The following shows you how to properly tag and report your wild turkey harvest!
1. Bag It!
Congratulations on your successful harvest!
2. Tag It!
Your tag must be notched (day, month and hour of harvest) before moving the bird for photos or to leave the woods!
- The notched tag and turkey must remain in your possession when removing the turkey from the field.
- If you must leave the field prior to removing the turkey (to return gear to your vehicle or dwelling); the notched tag must be attached to and remain with the carcass.
3. Report It!
Use your QR reader on your smartphone to scan your permit, or go to:
- Measure the beard and spurs:
- Beard less than 6" and spurs less than 0.5" = Jake
- Beard longer than 6" and spurs longer than 0.5" = Tom
- No beard or spurs = Hen (fall archery season only!)
- You must report your harvest by midnight on the day of the harvest.
- If you do not have internet or cellular data access to report your turkey harvest, you may call the Division of Fish and Wildlife at (401) 789-0281 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. M-F to report your harvest.
- Write your harvest report confirmation number on your tag and keep the tag with your turkey until prepared for taxidermy or consumption.
Questions: Call the Division of Fish and Wildlife (401) 789-0281 or email email@example.com.