Rhode Island › Hunting
- General Info
- Licenses, Permits & Fees
- Hunting Regulations
- Seasons & Limits
- Management Areas
- PDF Downloads
Welcome to 2021-22 Rhode Island Hunting
Significant Regulation Changes & Highlights 2021-2022
- Deer check station dates are now the first two days of muzzleloader and the first two days of shotgun. Please see details within the Abstract.
- Eider bag limit remains 4 per day, but is limited to one hen per day.
- Harvesting legal frog and turtle species can now be done with a hunting, fishing, or trapping license. All other limits and restrictions still apply.
- Deer may now be quartered in the field outside of check station dates for ease of transportation with new tagging requirements.
- All small game check stations are closed for the 2021-2022 season.
- There are no longer limits on the number of blunt, judo or field-point tipped arrows that can be carried by archery hunters.
- Hunters on Patience Island should be aware of a positive tularemia case and should take precaution when afield to avoid insect bites, and when field dressing game.
- Youth spring turkey season now runs 7 days long, still prior to the regular spring turkey opener.
- Applications for Block Island lottery and required USFWS properties must be post marked by September 15th, 2021.
- Hunting and trapping licenses and permit fees have increased. See License Fees.