Deer Hunting Seasons
White-tailed and Mule Deer Hunting Seasons
|Season||Hunting Units||Opens||Closes||Season Dates Status|
Application Deadline: Wed, 06/02/2021 (Date Finalized)
Residents must possess the following licenses:
- Fishing, Hunting and Furbearer Certificate
- General Game and Habitat License or
- Combination License, (includes Small Game, General Game and Habitat, Furbearer, and Fishing licenses)
- Deer License
Nonresidents must possess the following licenses:
- Nonresident Fishing, Hunting and Furbearer Certificate
- General Game and Habitat License
- Deer License
- A resident of North Dakota who is a member of the United States Armed Forces stationed outside this state, who shows proof of North Dakota residency, including a driver’s license number or a non-driver photo identification number from this state, and who pays the appropriate licensing fee, is eligible to be issued a deer gun season license without having to participate in the lottery.
- North Dakota residents who were on federal active duty with the U.S. Armed Forces under Title 10, stationed outside of the state during the previous year’s deer gun season, and who received the expeditionary medal or campaign badge, and submit an application and appropriate license fee by the deer gun application deadline, are eligible for one white-tailed deer gun license in the unit of their choice, without having to participate in the lottery. Applications received after the deer gun deadline will be issued licenses based on availability.