- General Info
- Licenses, Permits & Fees
- Hunting Regulations
Seasons & Limits
- Deer Hunting Season Dates
- Big Game Season Dates
- Turkey Hunting Seasons
- Migratory Game Bird Hunting Seasons & Bag Limits
- Furbearer Trapping Season Dates & Bag Limits
- Small Game Season Dates & Limits
- Waterfowl Hunting Zone Descriptions
- Special Seasons Designated for Young Hunters
- Bear Hunting Season Dates
- 2020 Why I Hunt/Trap
- Chronic Wasting Disease
- The 10 Commandments of Firearm Safety
- DEC Adopts New Deer Management Plan
- Doe or Fawn?
- Tree Stand Safety
- Fisher Management in New York
- Working Together to Protect Wildlife and People
- Attention Rabbit Hunters
- Spruce Grouse vs. Ruffed Grouse
- Changes in Atlantic Population Canada Goose Seasons
- Moose in New York
- Junior Hunter/Trapper Opportunities
- PDF Downloads
How to Transfer a DMP Deer Carcass Tag
Hunter Jane Doe wants to transfer her DMP tag to hunter Pete Moss.
Step 1. Jane Doe signs the bottom of her
Step 2. Jane Doe gives the DMP tag to
Step 3. Pete Moss records the DOC# of the DMP tag on his reporting panel, completing the transfer.
Step 4. If Pete Moss takes an antlerless deer with the transferred DMP, he is required to report the deer by calling the automated reporting system (1-866-426-3778) or by reporting online at www.dec.ny.gov using the transferred DMP DOC# and his own date of birth.
- Hunters are allowed to receive only two transferred DMPs per year.
- DMPs can be transferred from the receiving hunter back to the original hunter or to another. The other hunter must record the DOC# on his/her reporting panel, as in Step 3 above, to complete the transfer.
Remember: Hunting licenses are not transferable. Only DMP carcass tags can be used by another hunter. A hunter must be in physical possession of a DMP when taking antlerless deer pursuant to a DMP. It cannot be “shared” by a group afield.
Note: To report a deer taken on a transferred DMP, the hunter who took the deer must call the automated reporting system (1-866-426-3778) or report online at www.dec.ny.gov using the transferred DMP carcass tag DOC# and his/her own date of birth, along with other required information.