- General Info
- Licenses, Permits & Fees
- General Hunting Regulations
- Deer Hunting Regulations
- Deer Hunting Season Special Areas Information
- Deer Season Archery Regulations
- Firearms, Bows & Ammunition Legal for Deer Hunting
- Public Deer Hunting Land In New Jersey
- Migratory Bird Regulations
- Federal Migratory Bird Regulations
- Fall & Spring Wild Turkey Hunting Regulations
- Public Turkey Hunting Land
- Small Game Hunting Regulations
- Bear Hunting Regulations
- Trapping Regulations
- Specifically Prohibited
- Wildlife Management Area Regulations
- Wildlife Management Area Ranges
- Seasons & Limits
- Take a Kid Hunting
- Mentored Hunting: Share The Knowledge
- Wildlife Programs: Outstanding Deer
- Hunter Responsibility
- Outdoor Programs: Get Involved!
- Are You Being Watched?
- Operation Game Thief
- Who Let the Dogs Out?
- Can Your Property Support Quail?
- How Far Can Your Firearm Shoot?
- Check Out Our Atlantic Brant Video!
- PDF Downloads
Division of Fish & Wildlife
State of New Jersey
Philip D. Murphy, Governor
Sheila Y. Oliver, Lieutenant Governor
Department of Environmental Protection
Catherine R. McCabe, Commissioner
Office of Natural and Historic Resources
Ray Bukowski, Assistant Commissioner
Division of Fish and Wildlife
Dave Golden, Director
Lisa Barno, Acting Assistant Director
Ginger Kopkash, Acting Assistant Director
Al Ivany, Chief, Information and Education
Joe Cimino, Administrator, Marine Fisheries Administration
Carole Stanko, Chief, Wildlife Management
Jeff Brust, Chief, Marine Fisheries
Russell Babb, Chief, Shellfisheries
Sean Ciancuilli, Acting Chief, Law Enforcement
Lisa Barno, Chief, Freshwater Fisheries
Jason Hearon, Chief, Land Management
John Heilferty, Chief, Endangered and Nongame Species
Cindy Kuenstner, Editor
New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife is a professional, environmental organization dedicated to the protection, management and wise use of the state’s fish and wildlife resources. The Digest is available at license agents and Fish and Wildlife offices. Information may be reprinted with permission. Subscriptions are not available. This Digest is designed and produced by J.F. Griffin Publishing, LLC; www.jfgriffin.com. Partial funding for the Digest is provided by the Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Program.
Cover photo Duck hunt with yellow Lab. TheRawSpirit.com
New Jersey Fish and Wildlife Councils and Advisory Committees
Fish and Game Council
Frank Virgilio, Chair
Dr. Rick Lathrop
Where to Write Us
New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, Division of Fish and Wildlife
MC 501-03 • P.O. Box 420 • Trenton, NJ 08625-0420 • NJFishandWildlife.com
New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife
To protect and manage the state’s fish and wildlife to maximize their long-term biological, recreational and economic value for all New Jerseyans.
• To maintain New Jersey’s rich variety of fish and wildlife species at stable, healthy levels and to protect and enhance the many habitats on which they depend.
• To educate New Jerseyans on the values and needs of our fish and wildlife and to foster a positive human/wildlife co-existence.
• To maximize the recreational and commercial use of New Jersey’s fish and wildlife for both present and future generations.