- General Info
- Licenses, Permits & Fees
- General Hunting Regulations
- Deer Hunting Regulations
- Deer Hunting Season Special Areas Information
- Deer Season Archery Regulations
- Firearms, Bows & Ammunition Legal for Deer Hunting
- Public Deer Hunting Land In New Jersey
- Migratory Bird Regulations
- Federal Migratory Bird Regulations
- Fall & Spring Wild Turkey Hunting Regulations
- Public Turkey Hunting Land
- Small Game Hunting Regulations
- Bear Hunting Regulations
- Trapping Regulations
- Specifically Prohibited
- Wildlife Management Area Regulations
- Wildlife Management Area Ranges
- Seasons & Limits
- Take a Kid Hunting
- Mentored Hunting: Share The Knowledge
- Wildlife Programs: Outstanding Deer
- Hunter Responsibility
- Outdoor Programs: Get Involved!
- Are You Being Watched?
- Operation Game Thief
- Who Let the Dogs Out?
- Can Your Property Support Quail?
- How Far Can Your Firearm Shoot?
- Check Out Our Atlantic Brant Video!
- PDF Downloads
Disabled Veteran Licenses, Stamps & Permits
Free hunting and fishing licenses, stamps and permits are available for resident disabled veterans.
For the purposes of this program, legislation defines eligible disabled veterans as “…any resident of New Jersey who has been honorably discharged or released under honorable circumstances from active service from any branch of the Armed Forces of the United States and who has been declared by the United States Department of Veteran Affairs, or its successor, to have a service-connected disability of any degree…”
New applicant disabled veterans may obtain their hunting and fishing licenses and stamps by mailing their application to the address listed. Fish and Wildlife offices will no longer accept Disabled Veteran Certifications in person. For more information and updates, go to www.njfishandwildlife.com/dvinfo.htm.
Applications for disabled veteran certification and your first disabled veteran license may be made via the mail by sending the application and all required documentation to:
NJ Division of Fish and Wildlife
Attn: Disabled Veteran Licensing
PO Box 420
Trenton, NJ 08625-0420
All licenses, stamps and permits for which the veteran is eligible will be free of charge. Disabled Vet status does not give preferential treatment in any lottery. For questions call (609) 292-2965.
Disabled Veteran Applicants:
- Documentation of current benefits for a service-connected disability and proof of honorable discharge (such as a copy of your DD-214, VA card or monthly check stub) must be presented to be certified for disabled veteran status in our license system.
- Applicant must provide a hunter education (archery, firearm, shotgun or rifle) course certificate applicable to the license for which he or she is applying or a previously issued resident archery or firearm license or Rifle Permit. Resident licenses from other states issued to hunters in New Jersey will be accepted if the license indicates the sporting arm for which it was valid. Non-resident licenses from other states are not acceptable.
- To obtain the free disabled veteran deer/turkey permits one must first have a free disabled veteran hunting license.