Skip to main content



Transportation Permit Vendors

The following authorized NDOW license agents listed below have been issued a supply of transportation permits. Please call the one closest to your hunting area to verify that they still have a supply on hand before you go in. Transportation permits are also available at all NDOW offices statewide (see Department of Wildlife Regional Offices & Commissioners). Transportation permit regulations can be found on General Hunting Laws & Regulations.

Eastern Region

Gun World

2515 Noddle Ln

Elko, NV 89801

(775) 738-2666

Carlin Ace Hardware

924 Bush St.

Carlin, NV 89822

(775) 754-6211

WalMart #2402

2944 Mtn. City Hwy

Elko, NV 89801

(775) 778-6778

Big 5 Sporting Goods #250

2409 Mtn. City Hwy

Elko, NV 89801

(775) 777-2252

Lander Hardware

404 E Front St.

Battle Mountain, NV 89820

(775) 635-2677

Hotel Nevada

501 Aultman St.

Ely, NV 89301

(775) 289-6665


1500 Aultman St.

Ely, NV 89301

(775) 289-8886

Ace Hardware

263 Spring Valley Pkwy Ste. K

Elko, NV 89815

(775) 738-5444

Western Region

Sportsman’s Warehouse

3306 Kietzke Ln.

Reno, NV 89502

(775) 828-1500

Mark Fore & Strike

490 Kietzke Ln

Reno, NV 89502

(775) 322-9559

WalMart #1648

3770 S. Hwy 395

Carson City, NV 89705

(775) 267-2158

WalMart #2453

2333 Reno Hwy

Fallon, NV 89406

(775) 428-1700

CB Brown

221 Bridge St.

Winnemucca, NV 89445

(775) 623-2541

Giomi Inc.

119 W. Bridge St.

Yerington, NV 89447

(775) 463-4427

Southern Region

WalMart #1838

3041 N. Rainbow Blvd.

Las Vegas, NV 89108

(702) 656-0199

Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World

8200 Dean Martin Dr

Las Vegas, NV 89139

(702) 730-5200

Mountain Mercantile

169 Clover St.

Caliente, NV 89008

(775) 726-3891

WalMart #5101

300 S. HWY 160

Pahrump, NV 89048

(775) 537-1400

Information Resources

Elk Incentive Tags

Special incentive tags are awarded to landowner applicants as an incentive to support, rather than deter, elk on private land in Nevada. Any owner, lessee, or manager of private land who wishes to participate in the program may enter into an agreement with the Department that specifies how the landowner will support and enhance elk on private land, identify needed improvements to private land that may be beneficial to elk, and provides that the landowner will agree to provide reasonable public access to adjacent public lands.

Landowners or hunters who are interested in the elk incentive tag program may contact the Nevada Department of Wildlife Headquarters at (775) 688-1507 for more information.

Landowner Damage Compensation Tags

An owner, lessee, or manager of private land in this state may apply to the Department for the issuance of deer or antelope tags for compensation for damage caused by these animals. These tags can be used by the owner, lessee, or manager if he holds a valid Nevada hunting license or the tag(s) can be sold to any holder of a valid Nevada Hunting license at any price mutually agreed upon. Any landowner, lessee, or manager of private land or any hunter wanting more information on this program should call (775) 688-1507. Please visit the “Incentive and Compensation Maps” page on the NDOW website
( for more information.

Weed-Free Hay

The National Forest System requires weed-free hay on all National Forest Systems lands within the state of Nevada. A list of weed-free hay producers and vendors is available on the Nevada Department of Agriculture’s website at: Click on the “noxious weeds” section under the “plant” heading.