Turkey Hunting Licenses
Obtain a License
The following licenses are available at all FWP offices, FWP website, and FWP license providers throughout the state. Exception: special licenses may only be applied for online or at an FWP office.
$4 Resident 10-17, 62+ $8 Resident 18-61
Base Hunting License
$10 Resident $15 Nonresident
Required prerequisite for hunting.
$6.50 Resident each
holders of an Upland Game Bird license.
Upland Game Bird
$3.75 youth (12-17), Resident senior (62+) & disabled $7.50 Resident
Special License - Drawing Only
$5 Resident/ Nonresident non- refundable drawing fee.
Must apply online or over- the-counter at an FWP office on or before March 12 for spring licenses - see page 3.
* some 10 and 11 year olds, certified as an apprentice are also eligible.
A turkey hunter may hold up to 12 wild turkey licenses per year. This may include:
- 1 General Turkey License valid statewide (except for a portion of Region 4) for male turkey in the spring and either-sex turkey in the fall;
- 1 Regional Turkey License in each of Regions 1, 2, 5 & 7 valid for male turkey in the spring and either-sex turkey in the fall (Region 5 license only valid in the spring);
- 1 Female or Beardless Turkey License in Region 1;
- 4 Female or Beardless Turkey Licenses valid in Missoula and and Mineral counties;
- 1 Spring Special Drawing Turkey License in Region 4.