Skip to main content



Migratory Bird Licenses

Migratory Bird License

Details: Residents and nonresidents, 17 and under, need to purchase a Conservation and Base Hunting License and may purchase a Migratory Bird License at half cost (resident - $3.25; nonresident - $25). Federal Migratory Bird Stamp is also required for individuals, both resident and nonresident, 16 and older. The federal stamp is available from the USPS as well as all FWP offices.

All migratory bird hunters in Montana, as well as in al other states, are required to take part in a National Harvest Survey Program. To comply with HIP, you must complete a survey including your name, address and date of birth before you can purchase your Montana Migratory Bird License.


  • Resident: $6.50

  • Nonresident: $50