Maryland › Hunting
- General Info
- Licenses, Permits & Fees
- Hunting Regulations
- General Deer Hunting Rules
- Deer Regs for Archery, Muzzleloader, Firearms & Airguns
- Managed Deer Hunting Programs
- Sunday Deer Hunting
- Wild Turkey Hunting
- Furbearer Hunting & Trapping
- Migratory Game Bird Hunting
- Black Bear Hunting
- Small Game Hunting
- Falconry Hunting
- Deer & Turkey Tagging & Checking
- Chronic Wasting Disease
- Seasons & Limits
- Public Hunting
- PDF Downloads
Welcome to 2022-23 Maryland Hunting
New Hunting Opportunities and Regulations for 2022–2023
- Black bear hunting season has expanded from five to six days. See Black Bear Hunting for more details.
- Region A antlerless white-tailed deer season has been expanded to include December 3. See Deer Seasons & Bag Limits for more details.
- Bobwhite quail season on private lands in the Eastern Zone will now close on January 15. The season is now closed on lands owned or managed by DNR east of the Susquehanna River. See Small Game Seasons & Limits.
- Ruffed Grouse season will now end on December 31. See Small Game Seasons & Limits.
- Additional Sunday hunting opportunities have been added in Charles, Calvert, Somerset, Talbot, Caroline, Queen Annes and Dorchester counties.
- The Managed Hunt Permit is no longer required for any managed hunts. See Hunting Licenses for more details.
- Sea Ducks may still be harvested during the regular duck season as part of the regular daily duck bag limit, however, waterfowl hunters should note that the Special Sea Duck Season has been eliminated. See Migratory Game Bird Seasons & Limits for more information.