What’s New / Did You Know?
2020 State Records:
- Big Scale Pomfret (Atlantic, 2019)
22.1 lbs., Norfolk Canyon 12/28/2019,
Angler: Jeff Rosenkilde
- Gray Triggerfish (Atlantic)
6.0 lbs., shipwreck 14 miles off the coast of Ocean City 10/25/2020, Angler: Logan Liddick
- Florida Pompano (Chesapeake)
5.0 lbs., Black Walnut Point Fishing area, Tilghman Island 09/06/2020, Angler: David D. Shrock
- Sheepshead (Chesapeake)
14.1 lbs., Target Ship,
Lower Bay 08/09/2020,
Angler: Daniel Mastronardi, Jr.
- Longnose Gar (Chesapeake)
18.3 lbs., Marshyhope Creek 03/02/2020,
Angler: Samson Matthews
- Flathead Catfish (Invasive)
57.0 lbs., Lapidum Boat Ramp, Susquehanna River 12/27/2020,
Angler: Joshua Dixon
Did you know?
- Changes are coming for striped bass? Keep up to date with the changes at eregulations.com/maryland/fishing/striped-bass/.
- You don’t have to have a paper copy of your license with you? Make sure you have an electronic copy (phone or another device) and a photo ID with you when you’re fishing.
- You have to register your crab pot every year? See Recreational Crabbing Licenses & Crab Pot Registration for details.
- You have to have a license or be registered to fish in the Chesapeake Bay, its tidal tributaries, the Atlantic Ocean, or its coastal bays? See Licenses & Fees for details and exemptions.
- You could get your fishing or crabbing privileges suspended if you break the law.
- There are new rules for brook trout? See Put-and-Take Trout Fishing Areas for more information