Skip to main content



Licenses & Fees

Some licenses will be valid for one year from the day of purchase

Recreational Fishing Fees

Resident, Military, & Student10


Non-Resident Native 10-day

Non-Resident 5-day

Basic Fishing Season (includes all legal recreational freshwater gear)





Saltwater License (Basic Fishing required; includes all legal recreational saltwater gear)





Hook and Line1



Charter Passenger Saltwater License (3-day)2



Charter Passenger Freshwater License (3-day)



LA Sportsman’s Paradise License3





Senior Hunt/Fish (born before June 1, 1940)4


Senior Fish/Hunt (born between June 1, 1940 and May 31, 1962)5


Disabled/Special Needs Hunting/Fish6


Disabled Veterans6

No cost to customer

Offshore Landing Permit7


Recreation on LDWF administered lands

WMA Access Annual Permit (this permit is included in the Sportsman’s Paradise License, Senior Hunt/Fish License and all lifetime licenses; not required for youths 17 and under)8


WMA Access 5-Day Permit (valid for a five-consecutive-day period)8


WMA Camping Permit (required for each camping party of up to five adults camping together. Youths 17 and under are not required to have a camping permit.)9


NOTE: Either a WMA Access Annual or 5-day Permit is required for all users of LDWF administered lands, including wildlife management areas, refuges and wetlands conservation areas. Persons 17 and under are not required to purchase WMA permits. This permit is not required for access to National Wildlife Refuges or other Federally managed lands.

1 Allows using a pole or hook and line without a reel and without artificial bait or any of the following: dip nets, landing nets, minnow traps, crab nets or crab lines

2 Valid to fish from a charter vessel in saltwater areas of the state, with a licensed guide on board at all times.

3 Sportsman’s Paradise License: Includes Basic and Saltwater Fishing, Deer License, Turkey, LA Duck and WMA Access Permit, and all recreational gear licenses (EXCEPT recreational trawls no greater than 25 feet in length).

4 Resident No-Charge Senior Hunt/Fish: For those born prior to June 1, 1940, a Resident No-charge Senior Hunt/Fish License is required. It is for residents only and is free, but is required have in possession when hunting or fishing.

5 Senior Fish/Hunt License: Any resident who reached age 60 on June 1, 2000 or later must obtain a Senior Hunt/Fish License to hunt or fish. This license is in lieu of Basic and Saltwater Fishing, Deer License, LA Duck License, Turkey Stamp and WMA Access Permit. It includes all gear.

6 Disabled/Special Needs and Disabled Veterans: See License Information.

7 Recreational Offshore Landing Permit (ROLP): See License Information.

8 WMA Access: Either a WMA Access Annual or 5-Day Permit is required for all users of LDWF administered lands, including wildlife management areas, refuges, and wetlands conservation areas. Persons 17 and under are not required to purchase WMA permits.

9 WMA Camping Permit: A WMA Camping Permit is required for each camping party utilizing a LDWF-operated campground on a WMA. A camping party is defined as one to five individuals 18 or older. If any camping group is over five individuals 18 or older, then multiple WMA Camping Permits are required. Youths 17 and younger are exempt from the WMA Camping Permit requirement. The WMA Camping Permit(s) or camping permit number shall be displayed at each camping party’s campsite. A campsite is defined as any tent, RV, camper, vehicle or site occupied within a campground or vessel/houseboat moored adjacent to a campground.

10 Student: Applies to a nonresident who is enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited college, university or high school that has a physical campus in Louisiana. Verification of full-time status on the Department form available at Any person fishing under a “student license” must carry valid student ID card indicating current full time status while hunting or fishing.

Lifetime Licenses

Lifetime fishing licenses include both freshwater and saltwater fishing.

Lifetime licenses are available from Baton Rouge office only. Allow three weeks processing time. Applicants are required to have lived in Louisiana for the immediate 6 months prior to making application to qualify for resident rates. Mandatory documents required for applicants age 18 and older are a valid LA driver’s license issued a minimum of 6 months and one of the following:

  1. Louisiana voter’s registration card
  2. Louisiana vehicle registration or
  3. Two previous year’s state tax filing, stamped by Department of Revenue and Taxation.

(Applications available at or by calling 225-765-2887)

Mandatory paperwork for applicants age 17 and under is the following:

  • Copy of the birth certificate
  • Copy of both parents’ driver’s licenses

Lifetime License Fees

Resident Lifetime Hunt/Fish (all ages)


Non-Resident Lifetime Hunt/Fish


Lifetime Resident Senior Hunt/Fish

(65 or older)