Dove Seasons & Areas
Mourning and White-winged Dove Seasons and Limits
DAILY BAG LIMIT: 15 | POSSESSION LIMIT: 45
- September 1, 2021 – October 30, 2021
- Migratory Bird (HIP) Permit—REQUIRED
- Federal Migratory Bird (Duck) Stamp— NOT REQUIRED
- Shotgun capable of carrying no more than 3 shells—REQUIRED
- Nontoxic Shot—NOT REQUIRED
- Shot Size: No person shall take mourning doves while in possession of shot larger than two tenths (0.2 inches) in diameter (size T).
Eurasian-collared doves are larger than mourning doves. They have a black collar on the top part of the neck, pale gray coloration, and dark primary feathers. These doves are an introduced species that have recently expanded their range into Idaho. Eurasian-collared doves will not count as part of your aggregate bag of doves as long as they are identifiable.
Eurasian-collared doves may be taken in any amounts and at any time by holders of the appropriate valid Idaho hunting or combination hunting license, provided such taking is not in violation of state, county, or city laws, ordinances, or regulations.