Georgia Other Regulations
The greatest potential for conflict between you and other traffic is at intersections. Cars that turn left in front of you are the biggest dangers. Your use of SEE at intersections is critical.
Increase your chances of being seen at intersections. Ride with your headlight on in a lane position that provides the best view of oncoming traffic. Provide a space cushion around the motorcycle that permits you to take evasive action.
When approaching an intersection where a vehicle is preparing to cross your path:
- Slow down.
- Select a lane position to increase your visibility to that driver.
- Cover the controls to reduce the time you need to react.
- As you enter the intersection, move away from the vehicle.
- Do not make radical movements, as drivers might think you are preparing to turn.
- Be prepared to take action.
Traffic-Activated Sensor Lights
Traffic-activated sensor lights can be troublesome for motorcyclists since the sensor may not detect your presence.
To ensure the best chance of being detected, stop where the sensors are located. They are usually visible in the road surface.