Youth & Family Hunting Opportunities
The FWC offers several opportunities for adults to take youths (age 15 and under) hunting:
- The FWC offers supervised youth quota permit deer hunts at Camp Blanding WMA and at Andrews WMA. During these hunts, permitted youths and their nonhunting supervisors are the only persons allowed on the area.
- A youth deer hunting weekend is available on lands outside of the WMA system for youth 15-years-old and younger. This two-day youth hunt coincides with each zone’s muzzleloading gun season.
- A youth waterfowl day is held Saturday, Nov. 11, a week before the start of the regular waterfowl season, and another is held on Saturday, Feb. 10, two weeks after the season ends. Only those 15 years old and under are allowed to hunt while supervised by an adult, 18 years or older.
- Youth waterfowl hunts are held on Ocklawaha Prairie, Guana River, the stormwater treatment areas, A-1 FEB Impoundment and on T.M. Goodwin and Broadmoor Marsh Unit. Quota permits are not required for these hunts. Additional information is provided in the specific WMA brochures.
- Youth small-game hunts are held at Caravelle Ranch, Ross Prairie and Jennings Forest WMAs. Quota permits are not required for these hunts. Additional information is provided in the specific WMA brochures.
- Family quota permit hunts are offered on many WMAs. These hunts provide opportunities for a permitted adult supervisor to hunt with up to two youths.
- Youth spring turkey hunts are held on many WMAs the weekend before the spring turkey season begins. Only those 15 years old and under are allowed to harvest a wild turkey while supervised by an adult.
- Get started hunting by visiting MyFWC.com/NewHunter.