Skip to main content



You are viewing 2024's Wildlife & Freshwater Fisheries District Offices. Click to here to view information for 2023

Wildlife & Freshwater Fisheries District Offices

Alabama Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries District Offices Map

District 1

Blount, Colbert, Cullman, Fayette, Franklin, Lamar, Lauderdale, Lawrence, Limestone, Madison, Marion, Morgan, Walker, Winston

21453 Harris Station Rd.
Tanner, AL 35671
(256) 353-2634
email: [email protected]

District 2

Calhoun, Chambers, Cherokee, Clay, Cleburne, Coosa, DeKalb, Etowah, Jackson, Marshall, Randolph, St. Clair, Talladega, Tallapoosa

4101 Hwy. 21 North
Jacksonville, AL 36265
(256) 435-5422
email: [email protected]

District 3

Autauga, Bibb, Chilton, Dallas, Greene, Hale, Jefferson, Lowndes, Perry, Pickens, Shelby, Sumter, Tuscaloosa

8211 McFarland Blvd.
Northport, AL 35476
(205) 339-5716
email: [email protected]

District 4

Barbour, Bullock, Coffee, Covington, Crenshaw, Dale, Elmore, Geneva, Henry, Houston, Lee, Macon, Montgomery, Pike, Russell

3520 Plaza Dr.
Enterprise, AL 36330
(334) 347-9467
email: [email protected]

District 5

Baldwin, Butler, Choctaw, Clarke, Conecuh, Escambia, Marengo, Mobile, Monroe, Washington, Wilcox

30571 Five Rivers Blvd.
Spanish Fort, AL 36527
(251) 626-5153
email: [email protected]

Office of the Governor

State Capitol

Montgomery, Alabama 36130

(334) 242-7100

fax: (334) 242-0937

Kay Ivey, Governor

Christopher M. Blankenship, Commissioner

Chuck Sykes, Director

Fred R. Harders, Assistant Director

Additional Offices & Phone Numbers

To Report Violations

(800) 272-4263

Enforcement: (334) 242-3467

Fisheries: (334) 242-3471

Wildlife: (334) 242-3469


64 N. Union St., Suite 567
P.O. Box 301456
Montgomery, AL 36130
(334) 242-3465

License Information

(334) 242-3829, (888)-879-4150

Alea Marine Trooper Division

(800) 272-7930

Marine Resources Division

(251) 968-7576

For Additional Information

If you have questions or comments regarding hunting or freshwater fishing laws, regulations, freshwater fisheries or wildlife programs, or to report violations, please contact your local District Wildlife & Freshwater Fisheries Office listed to the right.

For information on saltwater fishing license requirements, size and possession limits, contact the Marine Resources Division, PO Drawer 458, Gulf Shores, AL 36547; (251) 968-7576.

For information on boating, such as registration, license requirements or other information, contact the ALEA Marine Trooper Division (800) 272-7930.

The Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, or protected veteran status in its hiring or employment practices nor in admission to, or operation of its programs, services or activities. This publication is available in alternative formats upon request. O.E.O., U.S. Department of the Interior, Washington, DC 20204

Image explaining how to know the difference between a conservation ID number and a confirmation number.

Deer Management Assistance Program (DMAP)

The Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries (WFF) offers an opportunity to gain assistance from wildlife biologist professionals to better manage deer herds on both private and leased lands. Visit the website for more information:

Open Permit-Public Land is defined as governmentally owned land open for public hunting and/or lands made available to the public on an individual basis whether for a fee or not. Examples of such lands would be U.S. Forest Service Lands, land owned by lumber companies and utility ­companies available for use by hunters either through free permits, fee permits or no permit ­requirement. This does not include Alabama’s Wildlife Management Areas. See the current Wildlife Management Area Map Permit for information on these areas.

Hunter Orange Requirement For Hunting

During dates and in areas open by regulation to gun deer season, including youth deer season and muzzleloader deer season, all persons hunting any wildlife species, except foxes, raccoons, and opossums during legal nighttime hours or turkey or migratory birds (including crows), are required to wear an outer garment above the waist with a minimum of 144 square inches of hunter orange or either a full-size hunter orange hat or cap, except when traveling on foot no more than twenty (20) feet directly between an operating enclosed vehicle and a stand where the hunter is exempt from the hunter orange requirement. The hunter orange must be worn when traveling on foot between an operating enclosed vehicle and exempt stand when the distance is more than a direct distance of twenty (20) feet.

For Wildlife Management Areas, any person who hunts or traps wildlife species (except turkey, migratory birds, and while hunting legally designated species during legal nighttime hours) must wear a minimum of 144 square inches of hunter orange or full-size hat.

Persons hunting privately owned, leased land, open permit public lands or WMAs are not required to wear hunter orange when:

  • hunting from a stand elevated twelve (12) feet or more from the ground
  • hunting in an enclosed box stand
  • traveling in an enclosed vehicle

A small logo and/or printing is permitted on the front of hunter orange caps; otherwise, hunter orange must be of solid color and visible from any angle. Only hunter orange, commonly called blaze orange, ten-mile cloth, etc., is legal. The various shades of red as well as camo orange are not legal.