Skip to main content
Welcome to Alabama Fishing
Major Changes for 2023-2024
- Expanded Deer CMZ High Risk Zone to include all of Lauderdale County.
- Changed nighttime season dates for Coyote & Feral Swine to end opening day of archery deer season.
- Changed caliber from .30 to .25 for pre-charged pneumatic air powered guns for Bobcat, Groundhog, Unprotected Wildlife, Fox, Coyote and Feral Swine.
- No Walleye possession from the Duck River Reservoir.
Major Changes for 2022-2023
- New Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) Management Zone (CMZ) Deer Season Zone to include Lauderdale and Colbert Counties (see Deer Seasons & Limits)
- New Chronic Wasting Disease Management Zone (CMZ) Regulation (www.outdooralabama.com/cwd/latest-cwd-information).
- Mandatory CWD Sampling of hunter harvested deer on specified days within CMZ.
- No transport of whole deer or deer (cervid) body parts outside of CMZ unless completely deboned.
- No baiting or supplemental feeding of wildlife in the CMZ.
- Moved Colbert County to buffer zone (BZ).
- Moved portion of Marshall County from Zone C to Zone A.
- Turkey decoys allowed for youth and disabled seasons.