Don’t Move Live Fish
Don’t let others destroy your fishery
PLEASE REPORT ANYONE TRANSPORTING OR STOCKING LIVE FISH
Rewards up to $5,000
Illegal fish introductions can destroy valuable sport fisheries and native fish populations. Penalties may include lifetime revocation of Wyoming hunting and fishing privileges, a fine up to $10,000, up to one year in jail, AND civil penalties in an amount not to exceed the costs incurred by the Department in removing the fish from the waters affected by the violation.
Your identity can remain confidential
Know the law…
- No fish shall be stocked in Wyoming waters without Department authorization.
- Any fish placed on a stringer, in a container, in a live well, or not released immediately to the water shall be considered reduced to the possession of the angler AND MUST BE KILLED PRIOR TO BEING TRANSPORTED FROM THE WATER OF ORIGIN.
- No fish that has been reduced to possession shall be released alive without prior written approval from the Department.
- Live baitfish shall not be transported by land in the live well of a watercraft.
- It is unlawful to release, abandon or allow to escape any unused baitfish or any fish that has been kept in an aquarium.