Youth, Veterans & Active Military Personnel Hunt Information
Washington Bird Hunting
Youth Only Hunt Dates
Canada and White-fronted geese, ducks (including Scaup) and coots; See Migratory Game Bird Seasons for bag limit details. DOES NOT INCLUDE WHITE GEESE, BRANT OR SNIPE.
- Western Washington: Sept. 26, 2020
- Eastern Washington: Oct. 3, 2020
See Resident Game Bird Seasons for details.
- Pheasant (East & West): Sept. 19-20, 2020
- California Quail, bobwhite, chukar, & gray partridge (Eastside): Sept. 26-27, 2020
See Wild Turkey Seasons for details.
- Spring Youth hunt: April 3-4, 2021
* Special youth hunting season open to hunters under 16 years of age (must be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years old who is not hunting).
Youth, Veterans & Active Military Hunt Dates
Canada, White-fronted, and White geese, brant, ducks (including Scaup) and coots; See Migratory Game Bird Seasons for bag limit details.
- Statewide: February 6, 2021*
* Authorization and Harvest Record Cards are required for certain species during this hunt. Veteran and Active Military hunters must have one of the following, or a copy of, during the hunt: DD214, Veteran Benefit card, Retired Active Military I.D., or Active Duty I.D. card (WAC 220-416-060).
Youth Mentor Hunts
The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife is joining forces with Pheasants Forever, Washington Waterfowl Association, and other hunting organizations to offer Youth – Mentor Hunts. Often times it is difficult for kids to get into hunting because their parents or relatives don’t hunt. This is an opportunity for any kids who are interested to have an adult take them out and teach them how it’s done.
To participate, hunters must be under 16 years old. Interested young hunters or their parents should contact WDFW’s Regional Offices. Whenever possible young hunters will be matched with available mentors depending on which area of the state they would like to hunt.
WDFW would like to thank the following organizations for helping with this event and providing mentors:
Inland Northwest Wildlife Council
Puget Sound Chapter
Columbia Basin Chapter
Yakima Valley Chapter
Vancouver Wildlife League
U.S. Army (Fort Lewis)
Adventure Center: 253-967-6263
Whidbey Island Naval Air Station
Washington Waterfowl Association
Rick Holt – President
Ducks Unlimited Washington
Other organizations interested in providing mentors would be appreciated.
Contact the Wildlife Program at (360) 902-2515 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org