Skip to Main Content Skip to Main Navigation

Public Hunting

  • » Other Hunting Lands

Other TWRA lands not proclaimed as a WMA or refuge are open with statewide seasons unless otherwise indicated.

Big South Fork National River
and Recreation Area

In addition to state hunting license, a Big South Fork Permit is required to take wild hogs. Hogs may only be taken during the deer season and the Jan.–Feb. small game season. All hogs must be taken with big game hunting devices. For information about obtaining a wild hog permit call Big South Fork NRRA at (423) 569-9778 or the BSFNRRA Brandy Creek Visitor Center at (423) 286-7275 or

Fort Campbell Outdoor Recreation

(270) 798-2175. website:

Holston Army Ammunition Plant

(423) 578-6276

Milan Army Ammunition Plant

(731) 686-6682. website:

Tennessee State Forests

Operated by Tennessee Division of Forestry. State forests listed below are open to hunting during statewide seasons. For information concerning locations and state forest user regulations, consult website:

Bledsoe State Forest

Cedars of Lebanon State Forest

Franklin State Forest

Lone Mountain State Forest

Stewart State Forest

Tims Ford State Park Huntable Lands

Permit required, available at the Park Office. Same seasons and regulations as Owl Hollow Mill WMA (see Region 3 WMAs). For more information call (931) 962-1183.

  • » Federal Refuges

Federal refuge seasons and regulations may be different from the ones listed in this guide. Contact the individual refuge for their specific seasons and regulations.

Chickasaw National Wildlife Refuge

(731) 635-7621

Cross Creeks National Wildlife Refuge

(931) 232-7477 – All hunters must have type 064 permit, even lifetime and sportsmans license holders. Available at all TWRA license agents.

Lower Hatchie National Wildlife Refuge

(731) 635-7621

Hatchie National Wildlife Refuge

(731) 772-0501

Reelfoot and Lake Isom National Wildlife Refuges

(731) 538-2481

Tennessee National Wildlife Refuge

(731) 642-2091 – All hunters must have type 064 permit, even lifetime and sportsmans license holders. Available at all TWRA license agents.

Regulations in red are new this year.

Purple text indicates an important note.

Return to the home page
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC &, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/ directly at 413-884-1001,
J.F. Griffin reaches 20 million sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 47 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 22 state agencies.
For advertising information, please visit: