Bear Seasons & Bag Limits
|Only Sept. 21 – 23a||Archery, Muzzleloader, Gun Dogs Allowed||20 Bears||20 Bears||1 Bear, Either Sex. **Does not count towards statewide bag limit.|
Special Regulations for Restricted Bear Hunt:
- If the cumulative harvest at the end of a day meets or exceeds 75% (at least 15) of the quota (20) the hunt will conclude at the end of legal hunting hours on that day.
- Harvested bears must be immediately taken to nearest designated special check station. (No electronic check-in permitted)
- Kettlefoot: Intersection of Hwy 421 and Hwy 133, Shady Valley, TN (look for signs)
- Laurel Fork: Hampton Bait Shop. 126 First Avenue, Hampton, TN
- Hunters should call a (423) 522-2467 or check the Agency web site to verify the hunt is open the following day. A message will be posted by 9:00 pm local time each day.