Join the Griffin's Guide HUNTING newsletter
Get weekly news, tips and photos from the world of hunting.
[contact-form-7 id="35884" title="GG Email"]
The 2014 New Jersey Freshwater Fishing Guide is now available!
To view the new guide, please download the pdf
. Check back in the coming days as we work to put up the new 2014 website.
Below is content from the 2013 guide.
What’s New for 2012-2013
Several important changes were made to the hunting and trapping regulations for the 2012–2013 seasons. Several of the primary changes are:
- Next year the elk drawing application period for the North Cumberland WMA elk hunt will no longer take place during April-May, rather it will become part of the regular Big Game WMA draw process (June-July).
- Increased the deer antlerless archery season bag limit in Unit B to 4 deer per season.
- Allow all Unit B counties the entire 14-day muzzleloader season to harvest a bag limit of 1 antlerless white-tail deer.
- Added non-quota antlerless deer gun hunts in Hamilton, Jackson, Morgan, Campbell, and Scott counties.
- Changed the red deer season in Claiborne County to run concurrent with white-tailed deer season.
- Increased bear hunting days (dogs permitted) on three separate hunts (increases vary 10 to 12 days depending on county).
- Increased bear dog training season by 4 or 14 days depending on county.
- Allow archers to harvest the full county turkey bag limit during the fall turkey season in counties that are open.
- Added fall turkey hunts in Cumberland, Grundy, Hamilton, Madison, Putnam, Sequatchie, and Van Buren counties as well as increased bag limits in many East Tennessee counties.
- Reduced fall turkey bag limit in Giles, Lawrence, and Wayne counties.
- Added wild hog control season (with dogs) on Catoosa and Skinner Mountain WMAs.
- Clarified regulations regarding weapon restrictions especially as it pertains to small game and coyote hunting (see Manner and Means and www.tnwildlife.org for complete details).
- New Big Game Tagging procedures are planned starting Spring Turkey Season 2013. Please visit www.tnwildlife.org or watch for agency news releases prior to the 2013 turkey season.
Regulations in red are new this year.
Purple text indicates an important note.
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC & eRegulations.com, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/eRegulations.com directly at 413-884-1001,
This is not the full law. Consult the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency for further details. All persons are reminded that the statutes, code and regulations are the legal authorities.
J.F. Griffin Media reaches 9,000,000 sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 30 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 15 state agencies. For advertising information, please visit: www.jfgriffin.com