All Tennessee counties are open to wild turkey hunting including WMAs and refuges unless specifically listed.
- Statewide Spring Turkey Season
March 30–May 12, 2013
One (1) bearded turkey per day, not to exceed four (4) per season. Turkeys taken on all quota hunts and specially designated WMAs are bonus turkeys.
- Statewide Young Sportsman Hunt
March 23–24, 2013 (ages 6 through 16). One (1) bearded turkey which counts toward statewide bag unless taken on a WMA where turkeys are designated as bonus birds. Multiple youths may be accompanied by a nonhunting adult, 21 years of age or older, who must remain in a position to take immediate control of the hunting device, who is not required to have a license.
Thirty minutes before legal sunrise to legal sunset.
- 1. Shotguns using ammunition loaded with No. 4 shot or smaller. No restriction on number of rounds in magazine.
- 2. Longbows, recurve bows, compound bows, crossbows and other bows drawn or held by a mechanical device.
- 3. Firearms and archery equipment may be equipped with sighting devices except those devices utilizing an artificial light capable of locating wildlife. Night vision scopes are illegal.
- It is illegal to bait for turkeys.
- Rifles and handguns are prohibited.
- Turkeys may not be shot or stalked from a boat in Dyer, Haywood, Lauderdale, Obion, Shelby or Tipton counties.
- Use or possession of electronic calls while turkey hunting is prohibited.
- Use of live decoys is prohibited. However, artificial and mounted decoys are permissible.
- Possession of ammunition loaded with shot larger than No. 4 while turkey hunting is prohibited.
- A licensed turkey hunter, who has filled his bag limit or does not possess a valid permit for a quota hunt, may accompany another turkey hunter who has a valid permit (except on WMAs where prohibited) and assist him in calling, but may not have a gun or bow in his/her possession.
- Application period begins Dec 19, 2012 and ends on Feb. 6, 2013.
- The use of any type of food to feed or attract wild turkeys on WMAs is prohibited.
- Calling or attempting to call wild turkeys using any means to mimic the sounds made by turkeys is prohibited on all WMAs from March 1 until the opening day of the spring turkey hunts on the WMA.
- Wildlife Management Areas
Most WMAs are open with statewide seasons and bag limits but some have restricted dates or quota hunts. See WMA section for specific dates and regulations.
- New Big Game Tagging Proceedures
New Big Game Tagging procedures are planned starting Spring Turkey Season 2013. Please visit www.tnwildlife.org or watch for agency news releases prior to the 2013 turkey season.