Major Changes for 2020
Rhode Island Hunting
Significant Regulation Changes & Highlights 2020-2021
- Scaup has been split into two seasons.
- October 9 – 12, November 25 – 29, December 5 – January 4, 2021 with a daily bag limit of 1.
- January 5 – 24, 2021 with a daily bag limit of 2.
- The season for brant has been extended to fifty (50) days.
- The fisher season limit has been reduced to two (2).
- A season and daily bag limit have been established for red squirrel.
- Licensing, game bird importation, and other criteria applicable to shooting preserves and hunting clubs have been revised and clarified.
- The fall archery turkey season has been extended to October 31.
- Successful completion of a bow hunter education course is required for anyone using archery equipment to hunt any species for which archery is a permitted method of take.
- Seasons and bag limits have been established for green frog, bullfrog, and snapping turtles. Harvesting snapping turtles for commercial purposes is prohibited.
- Non-toxic shot is required per Federal regulation for all dove, duck (including coot and merganser), and goose hunting in Field 1 at South Shore Management Area.