Rhode Island Freshwater Fishing
Sign up for our improved ‘Wild Rhode Island’ newsletter
Wild Rhode Island is now sporting a new look. With more diverse articles, brighter photos and more pages, you can be kept up-to-date with RIDEM Division of Fish and Wildlife. The full color quarterly publication is written by the biologists and is replete with useful information about on-going biological studies, native Rhode Island species, Division events and much more. The newsletter is available online or delivered to your mailbox. For more information or to be added to our mailing list, please contact Sarah Riley at 401-789-0281 or email@example.com.
Now available for younger audiences: ‘Wild Rhode Island Explorer’
Calling all kids, parents, and educators! RI DEM Division of Fish and Wildlife now has a full color quarterly newsletter designed just for kids! Available in both a magazine format and an online publication, ‘Wild Rhode Island Explorer’ features interviews with biologists, information about native species, kids’ activities and so much more! For more information or sign up for the newsletter, please contact Mary Gannon at 401-782-3700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other ways to stay informed:
- Monthly Fish and Wildlife Outreach email: Receive free, up-to-date information about fishing, hunting, and wildlife outreach events as well as Division volunteer opportunities. To sign up, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on Facebook: Rhode Island Fish and Wildlife Outdoor Education @RIfishwildlife or www.facebook.com/RIFishwildlife. Get event updates, up-to-date stocking information, learn about RI species, and more.
- Follow us on Instagram.
REDUCED PRICE: Inland Fishes of Rhode Island
RIDEM Division of Fish and Wildlife published Rhode Island’s first freshwater fish guide, ‘Inland Fishes of Rhode Island’ written by Alan D. Libby and illustrated by Robert Jon Golder. This publication identifies more than 70 fishes found in over 377 pond and stream locations throughout Rhode Island! With gorgeous color images as well as black and white scientific illustrations, each fish is addressed with a detailed description and color location map. Originally $26.75, this publication has been reduced to $18.75! This is the perfect gift for any angler!
Where to Purchase:
- DEM Division of Boating and Licensing located at 235 Promenade Street, Providence. Cash, check or credit (with $1.50 convenience fee).
- Great Swamp Fish and Wildlife Headquarters located at 277 Great Neck Road, West Kingston, office hours 8:30am–4pm, check or money order only.
- On-line, mail-in order form: Print, complete and send along with check or money order only http://www.dem.ri.gov/programs/bnatres/fishwild/pdf/fishorder.pdf.
- Also available at select bookstores throughout Rhode Island.
About the author: Alan D. Libby is a Principal Freshwater Biologist and has worked for the Division of Fish and Wildlife for over 30 years documenting the status and distribution of the fish species found in Rhode Island’s streams and ponds.