Skip to Main Content Skip to Main Navigation

Special Permits

Special Hunting Permits are available at no extra fee by sending a self addressed stamped envelope to: DEM Division of Fish & Wildlife, Great Swamp Field Headquarters, 277 Great Neck Rd, W. Kingston, RI 02892 (401) 789-0281.

  • Beaver trapping permit
  • Burlingame North Camp hunting permit
  • Early Canada Goose Hunting permit
  • Fisher trapping permit
  • Grills Preserve hunting permit
  • Late Season Canada goose hunting permit
  • Northwest Cooperative Hunting Area deer permit
  • South Shore Management Area Goose hunting permit
  • State lands trapping permit

Migratory Bird Harvest Information Program (HIP)

The HIP program was designed to aid state and wildlife agencies and the US Fish & Wildlife Service (USFWS) better information on managing our nation’s migratory bird resources. All migratory bird hunters need to obtain a permit and answer a small survey. HIP permits are available free through all license vendors and DEM.

Regulations in red are new this year.

Purple text indicates an important note.

Return to the home page
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The Rhode Island Division of Fish & Wildlife allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with Rhode Island Division of Fish & Wildlife Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC &, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The Rhode Island Division of Fish & Wildlife neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/ directly at 413-884-1001,
J.F. Griffin reaches 20 million sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 47 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 22 state agencies.
For advertising information, please visit: