Reservation & Permit Application
Oregon Bird Hunting
How the Controlled Hunt Drawing Works for Game Birds
The computer assigns each application a 10-digit number. A 10-digit number is picked at random for each hunt series. Those random starting numbers are used by the computer to select successful applicants.
Hunting parties are maintained by the computer and only the party leader’s 10-digit number is used in the drawing.
Tags/Permits/Reservations are awarded beginning with the applicant whose 10-digit number matches (or is closest to and above) the start number.
The selection continues with the applicant having the next higher number and continues until all available Tags/Permits/Reservations are awarded.
Tags/Permits/Reservations are assigned to first choice applicants as above until all tags are assigned or all first choices are filled. Tags/Permits/Reservations are only assigned to second choice applicants after all first choices have been filled. This sequence is followed for 3rd, 4th and 5th choices.
- Apply online from your own device.
- Visit any license agent.
- You must have a valid hunting license to apply, or purchase at the time of application. Nonresidents: A 3-Day Nonresident Hunting License is NOT valid to apply for controlled bird hunts. To apply for controlled bird hunts, a regular nonresident hunting license is required.
- Parties must assign ONE person as the Party Leader. You must indicate whether you are applying as a party member or party leader. The party leader must apply before the party member(s). Party members must include the party leader’s ODFW ID# on their applications, and the party leader’s choices will apply to the entire group.
- Verify that all information entered is what you requested before the transaction is completed. No tags will be issued because of agent error. It is the hunter’s responsibility to ensure accuracy of applications and tags. The license agent will give you an application receipt showing your hunt choices. You should check it for accuracy prior to leaving the license agent and keep it for proof of application.
Party Size (Includes Party Leader)
- *Fern Ridge WA – 1 (no parties)
- Sauvie Island WA – 4
- Klamath WA – 4
- Sage-grouse – 4
The party leader’s hunt choices will be used for the entire party. All members must list the same choices as the party leader on their individual application. If successful, all party members will receive the same hunt choice as the party leader.
* Fern Ridge successful applicants will receive a permit valid for self and one guest.
Applicants will not be entered into the
- Applications are RECEIVED after the deadline.
- Application procedures outlined in these regulations are not followed.
- Adults submit applications for Youth Hunt Days.
Controlled Hunt Information Line
503-947-6102 or 1-800-708-1782
Check our website at www.myodfw.com, call the Controlled Hunt Information Line, or return to any license agent for an on-line computer inquiry about your success status. Results will NOT be mailed.
Permits/Reservations/Tags must be purchased online or anywhere ODFW licenses are sold through the last day of the season for each species or as otherwise specified.
NOTE: Licenses, tags, reservations and permits cannot be purchased at most WAs.