Choose your state

Alabama Alabama Hunting & Fishing Alabama Hunting & Fishing

Alaska Alaska Motorcycle Manual Alaska Waterfowl Hunting Alaska Hunting

Arizona Arizona Hunting Arizona Waterfowl Hunting

Arkansas Arkansas Hunting Arkansas Waterfowl Hunting

California California Big Game Hunting California Freshwater Fishing California Saltwater Fishing

Colorado Colorado Hunting Colorado Waterfowl Hunting

Connecticut Connecticut Fishing Connecticut Hunting

Delaware Delaware Hunting Delaware Fishing

Florida Florida Saltwater Fishing Florida Freshwater Fishing Florida Hunting

Georgia Georgia Alcohol & Drug Awareness Program Georgia Hunting Georgia Commercial Drivers Georgia Drivers Manual Georgia Motorcycle Manual 40-Hour Parent/Teen Driving Guide Georgia Fishing

Hawaii Hawaii Hunting

Idaho Idaho Hunting Idaho Deer Hunting Idaho Waterfowl Hunting

Illinois Illinois Hunting Illinois Waterfowl Hunting

Indiana Indiana Hunting Indiana Fishing

Iowa Iowa Hunting Iowa Waterfowl Hunting

Kansas Kansas Hunting Kansas Waterfowl Hunting

Kentucky Kentucky Hunting Kentucky Waterfowl Hunting

Louisiana Louisiana Hunting

Maine Maine Hunting Maine Fishing Maine ATV & Snowmobile

Maryland Maryland Fishing Maryland Hunting

Massachusetts Massachusetts Saltwater Fishing Massachusetts Hunting & Fishing

Michigan Michigan Fishing Michigan Hunting Michigan Waterfowl Hunting

Minnesota Minnesota Hunting Minnesota Waterfowl Hunting

Mississippi Mississippi Hunting & Fishing

Missouri Missouri Hunting Missouri Waterfowl Hunting

Montana Montana Hunting Montana Deer Hunting Montana Waterfowl Hunting

Nebraska Nebraska Hunting Nebraska Deer Hunting Nebraska Waterfowl Hunting

Nevada Nevada Fishing Nevada Hunting Nevada Big Game Hunting

New Hampshire New Hampshire Freshwater Fishing New Hampshire Saltwater Fishing New Hampshire Hunting New Hampshire ATV & Snowmobile

New Jersey New Jersey Saltwater Fishing New Jersey Freshwater Fishing New Jersey Hunting

New Mexico New Mexico Hunting New Mexico Hunting Rules & Info – 2016-2017 New Mexico Waterfowl Hunting

New York New York Hunting New York Fishing

North Carolina North Carolina Hunting North Carolina Waterfowl Hunting

North Dakota North Dakota Hunting North Dakota Deer Hunting North Dakota Waterfowl Hunting

Ohio Ohio Hunting Ohio Fishing

Oklahoma Oklahoma Fishing Oklahoma Hunting

Oregon Oregon Game Bird Hunting Oregon Fishing Oregon Big Game Hunting

Pennsylvania Pennsylvania Hunting Pennsylvania Waterfowl Hunting

Rhode Island Rhode Island Saltwater Fishing Regulations Guide Rhode Island Freshwater Fishing Rhode Island Hunting

South Carolina South Carolina Hunting & Fishing

South Dakota South Dakota Hunting South Dakota Waterfowl Hunting

Tennessee Tennessee Hunting Tennessee Waterfowl Hunting

Texas Texas Hunting Texas Waterfowl Hunting

Utah Utah Hunting Utah Deer Hunting Utah Waterfowl Hunting

Vermont Vermont Hunting Vermont Fishing

Virginia Virginia Migratory Game Bird Hunting Virginia Hunting Virginia Fishing

Washington Washington Hunting Washington Deer Hunting Washington Waterfowl Hunting

West Virginia West Virginia Hunting West Virginia Waterfowl Hunting

Wisconsin Wisconsin Hunting Wisconsin Deer Hunting Wisconsin Waterfowl Hunting

Wyoming Wyoming Hunting Wyoming Deer Hunting Wyoming Waterfowl Hunting


License Information

Fishing Regulations Icon Oregon Fishing

Licenses, Tags, Permits, Endorsements and Validations


All persons 12 years or older must:

  • Have in possession a valid Oregon Angling License to angle for or take, or help another angle for or take, any fish for personal use.
  • Have a valid Oregon Shellfish License to take any shellfish for personal use.
  • No fishing or shellfish license needed:
    • During Free Fishing Weekend(s);
    • When taking crayfish or bullfrogs;
    • When Oregon resident landowners are angling on land they own, except when angling for salmon, steelhead, sturgeon or halibut.
    • When an Oregon resident is angling on land owned by an immediate family member, and resides on that land, except when angling for salmon, steelhead, sturgeon or halibut.
  • All anglers (regardless of age) need a valid Combined Angling Tag in possession to angle for salmon, steelhead, sturgeon and halibut.
  • Anglers may purchase only one Combined Angling Tag (authorizing harvest of 20 salmon or steelhead) per year.
  • Harvested adult wild salmon or steelhead must be recorded on the Combined Angling Tag.
  • Angler who takes the fish must record the fish on their tag irrespective of who hooked the fish
  • Hatchery salmon or steelhead can be recorded on either the Combined Angling Tag or a Hatchery Harvest Tag, but hatchery catch must be recorded on one of these tags.
  • Anglers may purchase multiple Hatchery Harvest Tags to record hatchery salmon and steelhead harvested, in lieu of recording these fish on the Combined Angling Tag.
  • Only hatchery salmon and hatchery steelhead may be recorded on the Hatchery Harvest Tag.
  • The combined angling tag along with all hatchery harvest tags must be in possession and presented when requested.
  • Harvest tags are included with daily/multiday licenses
  • Anglers are not required to record the harvest of jack salmon.
  • All anglers, regardless of age, must have in possession a valid Columbia River Basin Endorsement when angling for salmon, steelhead and sturgeon in the mainstem Columbia River from Buoy 10 upstream, and in all rivers and their tributaries that flow into the Columbia River.
  • When angling within three miles of shore from Cape Falcon, OR to Leadbetter Point, WA, or in the waters of the Columbia River where it forms the Oregon-Washington boundary both Washington and Oregon resident fishing licenses are valid. Any anglers other than Washington residents must have a valid Oregon angling or shellfish license when landing fish or taking shellfish by boat in Oregon.
  • All licenses, tags, and permits are available online (website), and through license agents, and ODFW offices that sell licenses.
  • Licenses and tags may be purchased for you by a family member or friend.
  • Angling licenses may be exchanged for Combination License or Sports Pac License within 90 days of original purchase.
  • State and federal laws require a Social Security Number to obtain most hunting and angling licenses.

License, Tag and Permit Fees




Annual Licenses




Sports Pac (Includes: Angling, Shellfish, and Hunting License; combined angling tag; spring turkey, cougar, general or controlled bear tag, elk and deer tags; upland bird and waterfowl validations)



Combination Angling and Hunting



Annual Shellfish



Endorsements and Validations

Two-Rod Validation



Columbia River Basin Endorsement (When purchased at same time as angling license)


Columbia River Basin Endorsement
(If purchased separately from angling license)



Adult Combined Angling Tag



Hatchery Salmon / Steelhead Harvest Card


Youth Licenses

Youth License (12-17 years old)
(Includes Angling, Hunting, Shellfish and Columbia River Basin Endorsement)


Youth Sports Pac (Includes: Angling, Shellfish, and Hunting License; combined angling tag; spring turkey, cougar, general or controlled bear tag, elk and deer tags; upland bird and waterfowl validations and the Columbia River Basin Endorsement)



Youth Tags

Youth Angling Combined Angling Tag


Resident Senior and Pioneer Licenses

Senior Angling (70 years old and Oregon resident for at least 5 years)



Senior Combination (70 years old and Oregon resident for at least 5 years)



Pioneer Combination (65 years old and Oregon resident for at least 50 years) (Includes: Angling and Hunting License and Columbia River Basin Endorsement). Available only at ODFW offices that sell licenses.



Disabled Veteran and
Uniformed Service Member Licenses

Uniformed Services Angling



Uniformed Services Annual Shellfish



Disabled Veteran Shellfish



Disabled Veteran Combination (Includes Columbia River Basin Endorsement)



Daily / Multi-day Licenses

One Day Angling


Two Day Angling


Three Day Angling


Seven Day Angling



Columbia River Basin Endorsement
(Each Day)


Daily Angling and Shellfish Combo


Three Day Shellfish



Other Permits and Applications

Duplicate License, Tag, or Permit


Abalone Harvest Permit


Scallop Harvest Permit


Wildlife Area Parking Permit (Daily)


Wildlife Area Parking Permit (Annual)


Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Permit (Nonmotorized Boats)


Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Permit (Motorized Boats)



Oregon Disabilities Hunting and Fishing Permit (includes disabled clam digging)