Columbia River Basin Endorsement
Anglers fishing for salmon, steelhead or sturgeon in the Columbia River Basin are required to have a Columbia River Basin endorsement.
- Cost is $9.75 a year when purchased with an annual fishing license, or $9.75 plus a $2 agent fee when purchased separately.
- Cost is $1 per day for daily fishing licenses.
- Endorsement is in addition to a fishing license and Combined Angling Tag.
- Required when fishing for salmon, steelhead or sturgeon on all rivers and streams in the Columbia River Basin.
- Anglers with a resident disabled veteran, resident pioneer, youth license and youth under 12 licenses, will be issued a free endorsement upon request to fish for salmon, steelhead or sturgeon in the Columbia River Basin.
The endorsement may be purchased wherever fishing licenses are sold.
Money from the endorsement will help fund the transition to eliminate non-tribal commercial gill nets on the lower mainstem Columbia River and provide additional salmon and steelhead for sport fishing. More information about the endorsement and Columbia River fisheries reforms can be found at www.odfw.com/fish/CRP/columbia_river_basin_endorsement.asp.