What’s New for 2019
Changes or additions are highlighted in yellow throughout the document
- Mechanical broadheads allowed for archery hunting
- Minimum archery draw weight reduced to 40 pounds for all big game
- Spring bear hunts are now all controlled hunts
- Revised regulation related to utilizing aircraft for hunting
- Limitations on controlled hunt party size have been removed
- Easier to understand proof of sex requirements
- New regulations related to transporting cervid carcasses into Oregon
- Hunters who turn in Poachers can now receive preference points as a reward.
- New Electronic Licensing System and ability to tag your animal with your smartphone. Verify your account at MyODFW.com. See License Requirements.
- Roadkill Salvage Program begins January 2019. The tagging, possession, and transportation regulations in this synopsis booklet do not apply to deer or elk salvaged pursuant to a Roadkill Salvage Permit. See ODFW.com for more details.