Youth Waterfowl Hunting Opportunities
Youth hunters enjoy youth-only seasons in Oklahoma. Help the youth of Oklahoma get involved in the sport of waterfowl hunting and take a kid with you on your next hunt, or encourage them to participate in the youth-only opportunities below.
Youth Waterfowl Days
- ALL ZONES: Oct. 5 and Feb. 1.
These days are special waterfowl hunting opportunities for youths, providing two additional days outside of the regular waterfowl season. Youth hunters must be 15 or younger. An adult must accompany the youth hunter into the field. The accompanying adult must be 18 or older and hunter education certified or exempt, regardless of whether the youth is hunter education certified. This adult cannot hunt ducks, mergansers or coots; but may participate in other open seasons. All species and sex specific limits are the same as during the regular seasons.
ODWC Guided Youth Waterfowl Hunts
These guided hunts offer the opportunity to experience the joys of waterfowling to youths who don’t have a mentor who hunts waterfowl.
- Dates: Set by hunter and guide.
- Locations: Fort Cobb State Park, Fort Gibson Lake, Hackberry Flat WMA, Keystone Lake, Packsaddle WMA, Vann’s Lake and Wister Lake Refuge.
- Required Equipment: All equipment, including gun and ammunition, will be provided.
- Age: Applicants must be 12 to 15 years of age, have proof of successfully completing a certified hunter education course, and have an adult guardian who can accompany them on the hunt (guardian is not allowed to hunt).
- Application Deadline: Nov. 5.
- How To Apply: Apply online at wildlifedepartment.com.
For more information, call Jeff Neal, migratory game bird technician, at (405) 396-2503 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.