FAQs About Hunter Education

Hunting Regulations Icon Oklahoma Hunting

I want to hunt but don’t have hunter education. What should I do?

You have more options than ever when it comes to hunter education. If you are 10 years or older, you can take the class online anytime or you can attend an in-person class. Find details on both at
wildlifedepartment.com. If neither of these is an option, you can hunt as an apprentice using an apprentice-designated hunting license. Find details on License & Permit Fees.

How do I get a replacement card?

Go to wildlifedepartment.com and click on “Education.” If you can’t find your information online, call (405) 521-3855. We’ll need to know your name and date of birth. It will help if you know when and where you took the class. We do not have access to card information issued by other states.

What if I have a problem with the online course?

Call (866) 521-2444 or e-mail helpdesk@omes.ok.gov from 6 a.m. to midnight Mondays through Fridays.

How do I find an in-person class?

Live classes are scheduled statewide from August through mid-November. At least one class will be scheduled per county. Go to wildlifedepartment.com to see scheduled courses.

I am 9 or younger and not eligible for hunter education certification. Can I still hunt?

Yes, when you are accompanied by a hunter who meets the Accompanying Hunter Requirements. If the game you are hunting requires a license, you can get an apprentice-
designated license.