Antelope Hunting Seasons
For requirements on hunter orange, legal means of taking, public lands, shooting hours, carcass disposal, more than one method of take in the field, tracking with dogs, field tagging and checking requirements, see Big Game Regulations.
Combined Season Limit
Two: no more than one may be a buck. This includes antelope archery and antelope gun seasons. Antelope taken between Jan. 1-15, 2020 count toward the 2019 combined season limit.
Legal Buck Definition
Any antelope, regardless of sex, with a black cheek patch.
Written Landowner Permission
All antelope hunters must possess written permission from the landowner or, where appropriate, the lessee (tenant). Permission must be carried on the person while hunting antelope. Antelope hunters may only hunt on those lands for which they have written permission. Landowners, operators and immediate family are exempt from written permission.
Physical Check Stations
- Cimarron County: Love’s Travel Stop, 1100 E Main St, Boise City, OK.
- Texas County: Guymon Fire Department, 402 NE 24th St, Guymon.
Cimarron County and that portion of Texas County west of State Highway 136.
- Residents: Must possess a hunting license (see Licenses & Permits) or proof of exemption. In addition, all antelope hunters must possess an antelope license for each antelope hunted or proof of exemption.
- Nonresidents: Nonresident antelope hunters are exempt from a hunting license while hunting antelope, but they must possess a nonresident antelope license for each antelope hunted (unlesss exempt) or a resident lifetime hunting or combination hunting/fishing license.
- Jan. 1-15: All hunters must possess an antelope license for the current calendar year and a current hunting license (see Licenses & Permits) or proof of exemption.
Antelope – Archery
Two: no more than one may be a buck. Archery antelope are not bonus and count toward the combined season limit.
Antelope – Gun
Antelope gun hunting is only available through the Department’s controlled hunts program or through the Landowner Permit Drawing (see wildlifedepartment.com.)
Sept. 5-8 (either sex); Sept. 9-18 (doe only); Nov. 30 – Jan. 15 (doe only).
Two: no more than one may be a buck. Antelope taken through controlled hunts or landowner permit are not bonus and count toward the combined season limit.
Legal sex and specific season dates will be designated on the controlled hunt or landowner permit.