2018 Regulation Changes
The following are brief descriptions of regulation changes for the 2018-2019 seasons. This summary of regulation changes is intended to be used as a reference only. You are required to be familiar with all the changes to regulations that apply to each of these items.
- Fall Turkey Gun: The following counties are now open to fall turkey gun tom-only harvest: Cleveland, Garvin, Johnston, Lincoln, Marshall, McClain, Oklahoma, Pontotoc and Pottawatomie.
- NEW Arbuckle Springs WMA: Public hunting area. See Special Area Regulations A – D.
- Legal Firearms: Clips or magazines of all .22 caliber firearms are no longer restricted to a maximum of seven rounds of ammunition. There is no maximum rounds of ammunition restriction.
- Raccoon: Beginning Dec. 1, 2018, there is no daily/season bag limit. See Furbearer Regulations.
- Squirrel: Daily bag limit increased to 25. Possession limit after first day increased to 50. See Small Game Regulations.
- Altus-Lugert WMA: Deer Gun open the first nine days only. Closed to antlerless hunting. Archery, shotguns with slugs and muzzloading equipment only. Youth Deer Gun closed to antlerless hunting. Archery, shotguns with slugs and muzzloading equipment only. See Special Area Regulations A – D.
- Grady County WMA: The following seasons are same as statewide dates, except closed during deer muzzleloader season and the first nine days of deer gun season: Turkey Fall Gun, Quail, Squirrel, Rabbit, Crow, Dove, Rail and Gallinule, Snipe, Woodcock, Trapping, Pursuit with Hounds, Predator/Furbearer Calling and Waterfowl. See Special Area Regulations E – L.
- Kaw WMA: Trapping – those lands north of River Road on the Arkansas River Arm and north of Ferguson Road on the Beaver Creek Arm are also open to statewide trapping methods from Jan. 1 – Feb. 28. See Special Area Regulations E – L.
- Packsaddle WMA: Rail and gallinule are same as statewide seasons. See Special Area Regulations M – R.
- Schultz WMA: Spring turkey hunting hours close at 7:00 p.m. daily. See Special Area Regulations S – Z.
- Shorb WMA: Spring turkey hunting hours close at 7:00 p.m. daily. See Special Area Regulations S – Z.
- Waurika Lake Corps of Engineers Land: Spring turkey season is same as statewide seasons.
- Deep Fork NWR: Spring turkey is controlled hunts only. Rabbit open Dec. 1 – Jan. 31. Deer archery – contact Refuge for special restrictions. Pursuit with hounds is open Dec. 1 – Jan. 31, squirrel, rabbit and raccoon only. Waterfowl – contact Refuge for special restrictions. See Special Area Regulations A – D.
- Ozark Plateau NWR: All hunting seasons are closed.
- Shotgun Pellet Size: No person in the field may possess or attempt to harvest any wildlife, except waterfowl and crane, with a shotgun using shot larger than #4 buckshot. See General Hunting Regulations.
- Oklahoma Self-Defense Act: Under the provisions of this act, a person may carry a firearm on any private or public state lands. See General Hunting Regulations.
Free Hunting Days:
Sept. 1-2, 2018
Do you know someone who wants to try hunting? Take them afield the first weekend in September. No hunting license is required for Oklahoma residents on Free Hunting Days! Introduce someone to hunting this season!