Choose your state

Alabama Alabama Hunting & Fishing

Arizona Arizona Hunting

Arkansas Arkansas Hunting

California California Hunting

Colorado Colorado Hunting

Connecticut Connecticut Fishing Connecticut Hunting

Delaware Delaware Hunting Delaware Fishing

Florida Florida Freshwater Fishing Florida Saltwater Fishing Florida Hunting

Georgia Georgia Hunting 40-Hour Parent/Teen Driving Guide Georgia Fishing Georgia Drivers Manual Georgia Commercial Drivers Georgia Motorcycle Manual Georgia Alcohol & Drug Awareness Program

Hawaii Hawaii Hunting

Idaho Idaho Hunting

Illinois Illinois Hunting

Indiana Indiana Hunting Indiana Fishing

Iowa Iowa Hunting

Kansas Kansas Hunting

Kentucky Kentucky Hunting

Louisiana Louisiana Hunting Regulations 2015

Maine Maine Hunting Maine Fishing Maine ATV & Snowmobile

Maryland Maryland Fishing Maryland Hunting

Massachusetts Massachusetts Saltwater Fishing Massachusetts Hunting & Fishing

Michigan Michigan Fishing

Minnesota Minnesota Hunting

Mississippi Mississippi Hunting & Fishing

Missouri Missouri Hunting

Montana Montana Hunting

Nebraska Nebraska Hunting

Nevada Nevada Fishing Nevada Big Game Hunting Nevada Hunting

New Hampshire New Hampshire Freshwater Fishing New Hampshire Saltwater Fishing New Hampshire Hunting New Hampshire ATV & Snowmobile

New Jersey New Jersey Freshwater Fishing New Jersey Saltwater Fishing New Jersey Hunting

New Mexico New Mexico Hunting New Mexico Hunting Rules & Info – 2016-2017

New York New York Hunting New York Fishing

North Carolina North Carolina Hunting

North Dakota North Dakota Hunting

Ohio Ohio Hunting Ohio Fishing

Oklahoma Oklahoma Hunting Oklahoma Fishing

Oregon Oregon Fishing Oregon Big Game Hunting Oregon Game Bird Hunting

Pennsylvania Pennsylvania Hunting

Rhode Island Rhode Island Freshwater Fishing Rhode Island Saltwater Fishing Rhode Island Hunting

South Carolina South Carolina Hunting & Fishing

South Dakota South Dakota Hunting

Tennessee Tennessee Hunting

Texas Texas Hunting

Utah Utah Hunting

Vermont Vermont Hunting Vermont Fishing

Virginia Virginia Hunting Virginia Migratory Game Bird Hunting Virginia Fishing

Washington Washington Hunting

West Virginia West Virginia Hunting

Wisconsin Wisconsin Hunting

Wyoming Wyoming Hunting


Frequently Asked Questions

Fishing Regulations Oklahoma Freshwater Fishing

Q: I’m 72 years old and live in Texas. Do I need to buy a fishing license if I’m visiting Oklahoma to fish?

A: No. If you are a Texas resident who is 65 or older, you can take advantage of the reciprocal agreement between Oklahoma and Texas. This agreement allows anyone 65 and older to fish in the other state without having to buy a license.

Q: I live in Missouri and am 76 years old. Can I fish for free in Oklahoma because I’m a senior citizen?

A: No. All nonresidents who are 65 and older (except Texas residents) are required to buy a fishing license in Oklahoma. A nonresident one-day fishing license costs $15, and a nonresident six-day fishing license costs $35.

Q: I have an Oklahoma fishing license. Am I permitted to fish on the Texas side of Lake Texoma?

A: No. You must have either a Texas license to fish on the Texas side of Lake Texoma, or you can buy a Texoma fishing license for $12, which allows you to fish both sides of the lake.

Q: Is it true that anyone can fish in an Oklahoma state park without needing a fishing license?

A: No. A fishing license is required for Oklahoma state park waters.

Q: Do I need a fishing license if I fish in my neighborhood pond?

A: In most all cases a fishing license is required. For more information, contact your local game warden.

Q: Can you tell me about camping sites and fees for the lake where I’m fishing?

A: The lake’s operator sets rules about camping, so one should first determine the proper source for camping information. The Wildlife Department allows camping in designated areas at its 15 Department-owned lakes, but specific rules may differ for each lake. For a list of public lakes and contact information, go to

Q: On Google Earth, I keep seeing small lakes labeled “Oknoname.” Can I fish in them?

A: These are watershed flood control reservoirs built by the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS). Most are on private land, so you would need permission from the landowner to fish on the property.

Q: When are they going to stock trout in the Lower Mountain Fork River, Illinois River, Robbers Cave, etc.?

A: The Wildlife Department lists a trout stocking schedule on its web site at

Q: Can I catch trout when it’s not “trout season”?

A: Yes. Trout season is the period during which trout are stocked, and certain other restrictions apply. You may catch and keep trout year round. See trout regulations for daily bag limits and size restrictions.

Q: If I have my pond stocked through the Wildlife Department’s Farm Pond Stocking Program, do I have to allow the public to fish in my pond?

A: No. Law enforcement personnel are permitted to check licenses of those fishing in your pond (landowners and their immediate family are exempt), but you do not have to allow other people to fish in your pond.

Q: Can I go tube fishing or float fishing in Wildlife Department-owned lakes?

A: Yes.

Q: Where can I find the list of flood control/watershed lakes that I can fish in?

A: Such a list doesn’t exist. Watershed lakes or flood control projects were created through the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), and most are on private land. You will need to contact the landowner for permission to fish on the property.

My Question Concerns

Who To Call

Registration of Boat or Motor

Oklahoma Tax Commission, (800) 522-8165 or

Boating Laws and Safety

Oklahoma Highway Patrol Marine Enforcement Section, (405) 522-1880 or

Polluted Waters

Department of Environmental Quality, (405) 702-8100 or

Injured Wildlife

Wildlife rehabilitator (see list at

Camping Fees or Rules

Operator or caretaker of site

Fish Kill

Wildlife Department, (405) 365-5060 or (918) 683-1031 or

State Parks, Events, Brochures

Oklahoma Tourism, (800) 652-6552 or

Oklahoma City Fishing Rules, Permits

Oklahoma City, (405) 755-4014 or

Honobia Creek, Three Rivers Fishing

Honobia Creek and Three Rivers Wildlife Management Areas offer anglers more than 100 ponds, several creeks and three major rivers in which to fish throughout the 300,000-plus acres that make up the areas. The Little and Mountain Fork rivers are in Honobia Creek WMA and offer anglers great fishing opportunities for sunfish; flathead and channel catfish; and largemouth, spotted and smallmouth bass. The Glover River is one of the last remaining free-flowing rivers in the United States and offers excellent fishing for sunfish; flathead catfish; and largemouth, spotted and smallmouth bass. Primitive camping locations can be found up and down the rivers on each side. Floating in a canoe or kayak to fish the rivers is an excellent way to cover a lot of water, but anglers can also wade to beat the heat in the summer. For more information about fishing or hunting on Three Rivers or Honobia Creek WMAs, call biologist Dakota Christian, (918) 527-5308.