Skip to Main Content Skip to Main Navigation
Join the Griffin's Guide HUNTING newsletter

Get weekly news, tips and photos from the world of hunting.
[contact-form-7 id="35884" title="GG Email"]
No Thanks!
This page is displaying information for the 2014-2015 seasons.

The 2015-2016 information can be found here at the Wildlife Department Website.

“Close to Home” Fishing

Brought to you by:

Looking for a nearby lake or pond to fish?

Through agreements between Oklahoma municipalities and the Wildlife Department, these areas offer convenient “Close to Home” fishing opportunities in metro areas.

Close-to-Home Fishing waters have the following restrictions:

  • Fishing is limited to no more than three rods and reels per person, with no more than three hooks per line (treble hooks are considered one hook). No other fishing methods are allowed.
  • All largemouth bass must be released (returned to the water) immediately after being caught; no harvest is allowed.
  • Channel catfish and blue catfish have a combined daily limit of six; only one blue catfish over 30 inches is allowed to be kept.
  • No netting of any kind (including castnetting) is permitted.

For all other species, consult the statewide regulations.

Oklahoma City – (405) 755-4014:

  • Crystal Lake (6625 SW 15th). Fishing pier may be reserved for youth-related aquatic programs. For more information, contact City Care at (405) 657-7947.
  • Dolese Youth Park (5105 NW 50th)
  • Edwards Park (1515 N Bryant Ave.)
  • Kids Lake (3200 W Wilshire Blvd.)
  • Kitchen Lake (5894 SE 119th)
  • Route 66 Park (9901 NW 23rd)
  • South Lakes Regional Park (4210 SW 119th)
  • Zoo Lake (2101 NE 50th) —
    east shoreline only

Choctaw – (405) 390-8198:

  • Choctaw Creek Park (2001 N. Harper)
  • Ten Acre Park (NE 10th Street and
    Choctaw Road)

Del City – (405) 670-7314:

  • Eagle Lake (3405 E Reno)

Edmond – (405) 359-4630:

  • Hafer Park (1034 S Bryant Ave.)
  • Mitch Park (1501 W Covell Road)
  • Bickham-Rudkin Park (450 E 33rd St.)

El Reno – (405) 262-4070:

  • Legion Park (620 S. Reno Ave.)
  • Southern Hills North (2710 Faith Ave.)
  • Southern Hills South (2810 Faith Ave.)

Enid – (580) 554-1536:

  • Meadowlake Park (Corner of South Van Buren Street and West Rupe Avenue)
  • Government Springs North Park
    (300 S 5th St.)
  • Crosslin Park (1600 block West Purdue Avenue)
  • City of Enid Water Works (1400 block West Chestnut Avenue)

Guthrie – (405) 282-8400:

  • Mineral Wells Park (Division and Mineral Wells Circle)
  • Highland Park (Warner Avenue and
    N Drexel Boulevard)

Harrah – (405) 454-2951:

  • Heritage Park (1374 N Church Ave.)

Jenks – (918) 299-5883:

  • Veterans Park Pond (E 101 and Elm)

Jones – (405) 399-5301:

  • Battey-Mullhousen pond (North Henney Road and West Main Street)

Lawton – (580) 581-3400:

  • Elmer Thomas Park – Lake Helen
    (Interstate 44 and NW Cache Road)
  • Liberty Lake (1717 NW Kinyon)
  • Skyline Pond (NE 27 and Dearborn Avenue)
  • Park Lane Pond (Southeast Pinewood Drive)

Medicine Park – (580) 529-2825:

  • Medicine Creek (From Gondola Dam to State Highway 49 bridge)

Moore – (405) 793-5090:

  • Little River Park (700 SW 4th)
  • Buck Thomas Park Pond (1903 NE 12th St.)

Mustang – (405) 376-7739:

  • Wildhorse Park (SW 59th and
    Mustang Road)

Norman – (405) 366-5472:

  • George M. Sutton Urban Wilderness Area (12th Avenue NE and
    Rock Creek Road)
  • Norman Lions Northeast Park
    (1800 Northcliff Ave.)
  • Griffin Community Park (1001 E Robinson)

Yukon – (405) 354-7208:

  • City Park (2200 S Holly St.)
  • Welch Park (615 Annawood Road)
  • Robertson Activity Center
    (1200 Lakeshore Drive)

Dolese Youth Park Pond Trout Regulations

Through generous donations from Dolese Bros. and Trout Unlimited 89er Chapter, Oklahoma City provides a special trout fishing season at Dolese Youth Park pond from Dec. 1, 2014, to Feb. 28, 2015.

  • Only one pole or rod and reel per person.
  • Only six trout per person per day.
  • No culling (releasing fish earlier caught and kept).
  • Bank fishing only. No wading, tubing or boating.
  • State fishing license and Oklahoma City fishing permit required. For Oklahoma City rules and permit information, call (405) 755-4014.

Don P. Brown

Regulations in red are new this year.

Purple text indicates an important note.

Return to the home page
Brought to you by:
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC &, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/ directly at 413-884-1001,
JF Griffin Media
J.F. Griffin Media reaches 9,000,000 sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 30 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 15 state agencies. For advertising information, please visit: