The following are brief descriptions of regulation changes for the 2013-2014 seasons. This section is intended as a reference. However, you must still be familiar with all laws that apply to a particular season.
- Anyone convicted of improperly disposing of wildlife will be subject to stiffer penalties.
- All deer, elk or turkeys required to be checked will be checked using the E-Check system.
- Age restrictions have changed for those seeking Hunter Education certification and for buying an apprentice-designated hunting license.
- Youths hunting during Youth Deer Gun Season may now harvest a turkey in counties having a fall turkey rifle season. See Deer.
- Opportunities for harvesting antlerless white-tailed deer have been expanded in Deer Zone 10. See Anterless Deer Zones.
- The bag limit for pheasants has changed: two cocks daily; four in possession after the first day. See Pheasant.
- Regulations governing the pursuit of feral hogs on Department-managed lands have changed. See Small Game / Hog Regulations.