Join the Griffin's Guide HUNTING newsletter
Get weekly news, tips and photos from the world of hunting.
[contact-form-7 id="35884" title="GG Email"]
Highlights of Changes
The following are brief descriptions of regulation changes for the 2013-2014 seasons. This section is intended as a reference. However, you must still be familiar with all laws that apply to a particular season.
- Anyone convicted of improperly disposing of wildlife will be subject to stiffer penalties.
- All deer, elk or turkeys required to be checked will be checked using the E-Check system.
- Age restrictions have changed for those seeking Hunter Education certification and for buying an apprentice-designated hunting license.
- Youths hunting during Youth Deer Gun Season may now harvest a turkey in counties having a fall turkey rifle season. See Deer.
- Opportunities for harvesting antlerless white-tailed deer have been expanded in Deer Zone 10. See Anterless Deer Zones.
- The bag limit for pheasants has changed: two cocks daily; four in possession after the first day. See Pheasant.
- Regulations governing the pursuit of feral hogs on Department-managed lands have changed. See Small Game / Hog Regulations.
Regulations in red are new this year.
Purple text indicates an important note.
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The Oklahoma Wildlife Department | Oklahoma Hunting Guide allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with Oklahoma Wildlife Department | Oklahoma Hunting Guide Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC & eRegulations.com, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The Oklahoma Wildlife Department | Oklahoma Hunting Guide neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/eRegulations.com directly at 413-884-1001,
J.F. Griffin Media reaches 9,000,000 sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 30 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 15 state agencies. For advertising information, please visit: www.jfgriffin.com