Join the Griffin's Guide HUNTING newsletter
Get weekly news, tips and photos from the world of hunting.
[contact-form-7 id="35884" title="GG Email"]
The 2014 New Jersey Freshwater Fishing Guide is now available!
To view the new guide, please download the pdf
. Check back in the coming days as we work to put up the new 2014 website.
Below is content from the 2013 guide.
Highlights of Changes
- The limit for striped bass is 5 per day. Exceptions are listed in the Special Area Regulations Lakes section.
- The minimum length requirement for largemouth bass has been eliminated.
- All striped bass less than 20 inches in length must be returned to the water immediately.
- The limit for hybrid striped bass is 20 per day, and only 5 may be longer than 20 inches.
- For all ponds and lakes, any largemouth or smallmouth bass less than 14 inches in length must be returned to the water immediately.
- Medicine Creek has been designated a trout fishing area from Gondola Lake dam south to the State Highway 49 bridge. Quartz Mountain Nature Park is no longer a designated trout fishing area.
Regulations in red are new this year.
Purple text indicates an important note.
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The Department of Wildlife Conservation allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with Department of Wildlife Conservation Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC & eRegulations.com, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The Department of Wildlife Conservation neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/eRegulations.com directly at 413-884-1001,
J.F. Griffin Media reaches 9,000,000 sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 30 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 15 state agencies. For advertising information, please visit: www.jfgriffin.com